News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to display child categories from parent category

Started by jeffAQS, October 24, 2012, 19:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffAQS

Hi,

I'm extremely new to virtuemart. I pretty much started working on it today. So, the issue is I have a client who has a parent menu item in a module. That menu item has a sub category, and that sub category also has a subcategory, then finally the products. When i click on the first parent menu item, i see the 1st level child categories display in the module, but in the content area, none of the child categories display. If i click on the child category item from the module, none of the sub categories from that child category display thus, never being able to arrive to the products. Can someone point me to the right direction in solving this?

jeffAQS

Nevermind, it was a very easy fix. Had to do some backtracking from the backend code. Just go to Configuration->Templates. On the right side is VirtueMart Home Page Settings, check "Show Categories", on the left is Shopfront Settings, check "show child category"