Product images upload filename automatically changed and got extension error

Started by eagleoffire, October 22, 2012, 14:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagleoffire

Hello everyone,
Before posting I have been trying to find an answer to this problem but found no clue.

When I try to upload a product image through "Product images" the file name changes. I see in another post that this is done to ensure that each picture has a unique name. Good idea.

However, in my case, the file name is not properly changed and the file type extension is also changed. For example, an image called:
trn11115 jpg
Is changed to
trn11115 jpg.rn11115 jpg

The file name extension becomes
rn11115 jpg
And there is no way to use it. Furthermore, the thumbnail is not properly created.

I have tried to upload the files manually using the "Joomla Media Manager" and everything works fine. The problem is in the "Virtuemart Product images" uploader.

I am using the following versions and general configurations:
2.0.12e
Joomla! 2.5.7
Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing enabled

I hope anyone can help me.
Thanks a lot.

ee61ny

Hello, it seems that I have exactly the same problem since I updated to the latest version. Is there any solution ?
Thanx in advance

eagleoffire

I found a walk around copying the images manually and after using "Synchronize media to VirtueMart" in the Media File. Still, I consider this should be fixed.

ee61ny

The solution you propose is the one that works. I have to upload product image through Joomla Media Manager, then Synchronise media in Virtuemart and then elect image through Images->Search for image.
This is quite a mesh, I wonder if there is any solution about this. Problem is exactly as mentioned in the 1st post.

agps

I have the same problem after updated to 2.0.12e version.

It looks like the VM destroy the image file name when uploaded to the server.
For example the name 123.jpg become 123 jpg. 23 jpg

eagleoffire

It seems to be solved in the next update.
Thanks to the developing team!

psycasso

still dont have any solution to this?

its not possible to add products like that

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Pitpan

Weird but i have the same problem in one (and i say only one) installation of mine.
Other installations (2.012f) dont seem to have this occurred!!!

I did an update but i have various errors and i am forced to go back to this edition.