Exporting-importing users and orders from WM 1.1.9 to 2.0?

Started by Reggaeshop, October 07, 2012, 23:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reggaeshop

Hello,

I am now running a VM 1.1.9 shop on J 1.5.26. Until now I did not succeed to complete the migration on my WAMP server (the latest issue is, that although I installed J2.5, the site still said 1.5.26, and as a boneus I got locked out of the localhost/administrator...) :(

My question: If I would build a new shop on my WAMP server, with J 2.5 and WM 2.0, is it possible to export the user (customer) accounts and the order list from the old site into the new one (and when this is all fixed, to create a new shop J2.5/VM2.0 shop online, restoring an offline backup on the new on-line J2.5 site?

Thanks,

Peter

PRO

You can use the "migrator" to bring the old data into the new database structure.

Then, you also need to migrate J1.5 users over.

Then, you can export the database tables into a clean version of J2.5 and Vmart 2.0

You need to do this on a "test site", and not wampp. YOu should use jupgrade, and it does not work on wampp server

Reggaeshop

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply - but these are too big steps to understand. Do you mean that:
On a live test site I should:
1  Make  new install of Joomla 2.5
2  Install VM 2.0 there
3  Use the migrator (where can I find this?) to move the old J 1.5 / WM 1.1.9 database into the new test site
4  Migrate  the 1.5 users (how?)
5  Export the database into the new site (how?)

Sorry for asking these questions, but it is not completely clear to me. Is there any guide which describes these steps in details? Or - is there a complete migration guide - how to step by step proceed if you are in a situation like me (Joomla 1.5, shop at  VM1.1.9)? For some reason I found the thread mentioned in the forum (Complete guide to migration) confusing.

Btw - does jupgrade nto work at all on a local host WAMP server?

Thanks a lot  for your reply!