News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to remove the Ask A Question button

Started by partone, September 26, 2012, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

partone

For ages I've been reading the advice on the forum on how to remove the Ask A Question button from the product detail page as the tick box option in the admin section did not remove it. The solutions posted didn't quite work for me, I don't know if it was me not following instructions correctly or not understanding things. I'm using Joomla 2.5.7. and Virtuemart 2.0.10.

Anyway, I have now managed to do it so I thought that I would detail it in simple steps how I did it.

1. Accessed the deault.php file through my ftp client following this path- /web/templates/vmshopblue/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/
2. Accessed the default.php file
3. Edited and removed lines 109 - 112 in Dreamweaver -    

<div class="ask-a-question">
            <a class="ask-a-question" href="<?php echo $url ?>" ><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL') ?></a>
            <!--<a class="ask-a-question modal" rel="{handler: 'iframe', size: {x: 700, y: 550}}" href="<?php echo $url ?>"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL') ?></a>-->
            </div>

4. Saved file and uploaded it to the server.
5. Refreshed the site and the Ask A Question button was gone!!

I hope that this works for you if you've been having difficulity in removing the button.  :)

jenkinhill

For me the selector "Show the Ask a question link? " in Config/Shopfront works just fine, but if making the edit described above be sure to save the edited file as a template override to prevent it getting overwritten during future VM updates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum