News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Only Some Products Showing not all

Started by gigi, September 13, 2012, 01:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi

I have looked around and can't see this addressed and I am sure I need to TURN SOMETHING ON OR OFF... PLEASE HELP - I did find mention of the ACTION IF NO STOCK, but this is correct on mine I am sure.

I have 6 products, category is published, products are published - have looked at all the settings, do not have "no product action no display" set - have stock etc.

The Category only shows 4 items but when I click to the DETAILS it will let me access the other products via the details page navigation, so the products are there. I have not used featured or any other selection.
Also when I link the menu item for category and choose my category, it will not access the category unless I choose top level category, then it is picked up! The items not showing are also ordered to be first as well. It is showing other items, I even deleted one of the items not showing and did it again.

I am just not sure that it is all working correctly before I spend more time working this out!
MANY THANKS FOR ANY HELP - screenshots attached.
Whoops nearly forgot, sorry, I am using Joomla 2.5.6 updated last week and VM 2.0.6

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

VM2.0.6 is old.

Are the products assigned to shopper groups at all?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gigi

I will check but pretty sure I assigned all shopping to default users.

I had such a lot of trouble to just get this version on the site having to get the hosting provider, siteground, to install. I couldn't do the live update a few days ago, didn't work so now I need to manually address that and hope it all goes well. I had some trouble installing the latest version on another site and went back one version which worked. Do you think that will help, upgrade!
I have used VM before with brilliant results, but it was quite a while ago and this just doesn't seem to be doing what I want.
Thanks for your suggestions.

jenkinhill

Best to use the anonymous group for products - ie dont even click in the shopper group box for each product.

On a good host updating using Joomla's extension manager should work just fine, as long as PHP resources are set high enough.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum