Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Setting up a Default Currency

Started by simonpuma, August 13, 2012, 14:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonpuma

Hi there,
can somebody please assist with Setting up of:-
- Currency to Default to South African Rands (ZAR)

One would normally go to CONFIGURE: Modify Vendor Information ( according to http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/virtuemart/ STEP 5) but in Virtuemart 2 I cannot find a way to Configure Vendor Information,

I have installed Virtuemart 2.0.8e on Joomla 2.5 site www.swimmingshop.co.za (if you need login details please email me)

jenkinhill

You need to be logged in as vendor - usually this will initially be set as the first superadmin registered in Joomla.

To check if you are vendor go to VM Configuration/Shop and set "Enable Multivendor (experimental only for developers)"  to "administrated multivendor"  Then go to Orders & Shppers/Shoppers. You should see a green tick in the Vendor column against the admin user. If there is no tick then try setting the admion user as vendor.

Once done, turn off Enable Multivendor.

If that does not work use phpMyAdmin to check table virtuemart_vmusers. The Vendor should have a "1" in both virtuemart_vendor_id AND user_is_vendor - no other user should have virtuemart_vendor_id=1. You can use this table to change the vendor if necessary.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum