Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

{loadposition positionname} not working in VirtueMart2.0

Started by jfletch8, August 09, 2012, 22:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfletch8

Hello Forum Members,

VirtueMart: 2.0 running Joomlal Joomlal! 2.5.6 Stable:
I have been trying to find a remedy to use {loadposition positionname} in my VirtueMart Categories.  It runs flawlessly in Jamal articles. I tried adding the Joomla plugin to load module into articles {module [63]}, yes it works, BUT does not work in VirtueMart Categories.  I ALSO TRIED MODULES ANYWHERE AND IT WOULD NOT PROPERLY RUN IN VIRTUEMART.

I have a website using VirtueMart 1.1.4 stable for the past 2+ years and {loadposition positionname} runs smoothly, no problems at all. 

My congratulations to the VirtueMart team in developing this product.  It takes time to iron out the issues.

PLEASE SOMEONE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO. Is there a patch or solution? I am desperate to get {loadposition module} to work in VirtueMart 2.0

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance.  It is deeply needed.

jenkinhill

Difficult to understand what you are asking, but you cannot use joomla plugins in VM2 category descriptions. You can do it in product full decsriptions though, as long as you use the latest versions - now 2.0.8e
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wbauer74

Why can't we use plugins in the category description as well and only in product descriptions. I need this feature as well as we like to show videos in the category descriptions.

erichhaubrich

Quote from: wbauer74 on August 15, 2012, 17:57:01 PM
Why can't we use plugins in the category description as well and only in product descriptions. I need this feature as well as we like to show videos in the category descriptions.

{Loadposition xxx} and all variants do not work in Short Descriptions or Product Descriptions. This is not good at all.

Who's got a fix? Why is this still a problem? I do not feel like ripping apart the core of VM2 to make this work.

BTW: Joomla 2.5.6/VM2.0.11

be

Hi,
have you tryed to set the checkbox "activate Joomla Plugins" in the Configuration > Shop?

BR

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

PRO

Quote from: wbauer74 on August 15, 2012, 17:57:01 PM

you can use the video code right in JCE editor for cat description.

modules anywhere works well

you could also create a module polistion for the each category
http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/virtuemart-template-and-module-control

Or use metamod
http://www.metamodpro.com/