News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

SOLVED - 'no image found' image when searching for an image

Started by nicklucas, July 23, 2012, 18:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicklucas

I'm not a developer of any sort so I apologise for my Layman vernacular in advance!

I have multi vendor activated as I intend to get this feature developed soon however one product had the wrong vendor listed other than the default vendor that currently works. When saved with the wrong vendor it changed the database image as for vendor 2 and so it became unsearchable.

To fix simply go to "virtuemart_medias" in phpmyadmin, locate the entry and change the vendor number to the correct one, save and return to the offending product in VM admin, change and save to the correct vendor and search again, the image appears and can be used with no problem.

I am using Joomla 2.5.6 and VM 2.0.8e.

I have the error message "'no image found' image" when searching for images in my product folder. All paths are correct and uploading images afresh works fine. Also when I press "+16" I get the same error message even though the are 100 or so images in the folder all with correct fiel types, (png and jpeg only).

I really can't figure out what is going wrong and am hoping it's a straightforward solution.

Any help would be more than appreciated.

I have also attached a JPEG of the issue.

Many thanks.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

Just to start,

have you gone to shop>>media files>>click synchronize media to Virtuemart? Also - the images often don't appear unless you type the right first few letters in the search box. I sometimes have that issue.

nicklucas

Hi John, thanks for your reply, yeah I've synchronized all files just to make sure and have searched using the first few letters, unique file name, file name etc etc etc and still nothing?

stvnmth

Hi! I've same problem with same Joomla and Virtuemart versions. I importing all products with CSVI and insert the jpeg file path as FQDN name. "http://www.mydomain.com/images...
It works only this way.

cmb

For anyone else who cannot get a list of images at Administrator > Components > VirtueMart > Shop > Vendor tab > Vendor Information > Images > Search for Images, note that the candidate images must be stored in the /images/stories/virtuemart/vendor folder.

VirtueMart Version 2.0.12f
Charles