News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipment methods will not show in checkout until the address is entered

Started by Piotr Picheta, August 03, 2012, 15:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piotr Picheta

Hi,

I read many posts before I decided to ask about shipment methods. I know that a lot of people have same problem, and many times this problem was talking about, but I cannot find any good solution. As you see in subject, I have a problem with shipment methods wich are not displayed in checkout until the shoprer adress is entered. I tried different changes nad still have no solution.

I am using this tempalate: http://demo.gavick.com/joomla16/jan2012/  and this is my site: www.climbe.pl

Clearly, problem is when shopper is trying  to define a shipping method before he fill all address areas. If he do not do it before choosing shipment he get this massage: "Please, choose shipment. For your localization we dont have any defined shipment. Please, contact with our customer service".

Please, help me with this. I cannot solved this problem. What is wrong in my configuration. What I have to do? Please also try to buy and you will see the problem.   

Shop is in polish.

best regards

Piotr

PRO

this happens when the shipment method is tied to

country, or state, or zip code, or shopper group.

un-assign them, and it will work

Piotr Picheta

Ok.. thanks... I will check it soon, and I will inform You. Tkank you.

regadrs

Piotr

franzpeter

In case of the VM 2 standard shipping plugin VM - Shipment, by weight, zip, countries:
If there is no shipping method to select for customers the problem can be solved by filling all fields in the shipping method configuration. I have seen that it is necessary to fill the zip range, the lowest weight, the highest weight, the weight unit and all the other fields. It is possible to insert 0 for example with the  lowest weight or the package fee (if no value is wished),  but all the fields in the configuration need to be filled. It works for guest users with no registration and for registered users.
VM 2 has no default values in the database and the shipping plugin needs default values to work.