News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Building a template/theme for virtuemart 2 from scratch

Started by cryptorider, July 24, 2012, 20:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cryptorider

Well I have been searching the internet and I did not manage to find any good tutorial about this.Well wiki is not so detailed and I found only an outdated book.So I would like to ask you.I need to make a theme/template from scratch and i need a guide/tutorial for virtuemart 2 to learn how I can intergrate its modules on my development.As I believe if I start building it with only notepad++ and without using the appropriate configurations all my work will be useless.Correct me if I am wrong.So I would be grateful if you can refer me to a nice blog or a guide/tutorial website of building themes from scratch

Thanks for your time!

yiyedj

adham

Same here, there are so many changes from the old one, we need detailed tutorials

ivus

Hi everyone,

VM doesn't have a template guide because it doesn't have it's own templating system... this is because it uses the CORE JOOMLA templating system.

So if you want to learn how to style/design/template VM, start off over at the Joomla! site and read up on HOW TO CREATE TEMPLATES, and TEMPLATE OVERRIDES.

@cryptorider,

QuoteAs I believe if I start building it with only notepad++ and without using the appropriate configurations all my work will be useless

??? NO. I'm not sure what you mean by "appropriate configuration", but you can edit PHP code using a simple text editor.