News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

I want to stop the Add to cart button from taking me to checkout page

Started by j.power40, July 20, 2012, 15:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.power40

When i click Add to Cart for a product it takes me to the checkout page.  I would like to stop this as when i go to my checkout page the template changes. i have a checkout mod on the right side and when i click goto checkout there it is fine.

How do i disable this for the Add to cart button?

jenkinhill

Most likely you have a JavaScript issue or you have "Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart' " disabled.

But to get a more accurate answer you need to tell us what VM version you are using and the live site url - otherwise it is pure guesswork.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

j.power40

Is it ok if i can pm you with the Url i don't really want to paste it on here?

btw i'm using virtumart v2 and the pop up  is on

jenkinhill

"V2" is not enough - you should state specific versions. You can pm me, but I may not have time to look. If you post it then anyone who wants to help can check...
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

j.power40

j.power40

Even if it would let me go into the checkout and keep my template like it does from the right side cart module that would be great?

jenkinhill

Had time to look. You say the incorrect cart page is the one with the modules showing on the right side. On Firefox both from add to cart ajax link and view cart from the cart module, where the cart url in both cases is
http://#####/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart  there are no right modules displayed

You also get this with the cart checkout in IE, but if you use the cart module it gives the cart checkout url as
http://#####/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&Itemid=417   - take the &Itemid=417 off the end and the modules go.  Alternately on that page empty the cart - and again the display refreshes itself and the side modules are gone.

I do not know what is causing that error, but that RT template & Gantry framework are likely causes. I saw the menu function is jittery!

Try with a different template, withought all those RT JS overheads to see it the function your require is there. You may need to use metamod to control the module posisiton and publishing with that RT template setup.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK