News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

how to skip select shipment method page and select payment method page??

Started by Surenkrish, July 05, 2012, 09:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surenkrish

i want to skip the select shipment and select payment page after clicking confirm order button.. so that, after clicking the confirm order button. thanks for your order page should be displayed.. any help??

Milbo

This works out of the box, we call it "autoselection of shipment/payment". You must of course have shipment and payment methods which always point on a unique one.

If it does not work for you, maybe your version is old then. Load the latest 2.0.8c
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Surenkrish

yes, i enabled automatic shipment/payment. yet tat page appears. i jus want to skip checkout step 2 and 3..

srseale

You need to define a Shipment and Payment Method as well as enable the Automatic selection.

Your Shipment and Payment Method should just be a default set of values, no countries, no Shopper Groups, no values at all (see attached).  They must also be the only active methods.

If you have a problem with the Shipment Method and a message saying "We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.", please refer to this post - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104642.15

Good luck...

[attachment cleanup by admin]

April23

I've enabled automatic selected shipment/payment and have default values for the standard shipping (do not ship) and standard payment (pay by cash/check) and it isn't working for me.

I do have three different shipping methods (pickup, mail, no shipping) and two different payment methods (cash/check, paypal). 

Is it possible to have a default for each shipment and payment for each customer?  It's a pain for my users because it's a fundraiser "contest" site and they make many transactions and right now they have to select the same shipping/payment method each time.

Hopefully I explained that clearly.  Thank you for any help!  :)

srseale

If you have multiple shipment and payment methods active, then you will need to go a couple of extra steps to make the automatic part work.  Essentially, you will need to have your customers register into various shopper groups (you might look in the Forum for information about how to do this).  You have 6 possibilities based on 3 shipment and 2 payment methods.  By building out shopper groups for each combination, you can make the automatic part work.  This is what Milbo was referring to when he said "You must of course have shipment and payment methods which always point on a unique one".

This may not be a practical approach for you.

Good luck...