Auto selection of shipment doesn't work anymore with 2.08 (2.0.12)

Started by melingmeier, June 30, 2012, 16:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zer0g

Hello,

ive noticed the same thing that my auto shipment doesn't work. So i've deactivated the klarna plugin, as described in this thread...
This has helped, but i've noticed two things:

If user is already logged in, everthing works normally.
If a user puts an item into the cart and then registers or logs in, the automatic selection fails.

I am using 2.0.8b, Joomla 2.5.6, PHP 5.2.17

srseale

UPDATE from my previous e-mail  - System Information

PHP Built On            Linux web115.thewire.ca 2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Apr 17 23:56:34 BST 2012 x86_64
Database Version    5.5.25
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version            5.3.14
Web Server            Apache/2
WebServer to PHP Interface    apache2handler
Joomla! Version    Joomla!             2.5.6 Stable [ Ember ] 19-June-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version            Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent                            Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1

I am using 2.0.8b of Virtuemart and I still have the same issue.  My only Shipment Method cannot be selected as soon as I add a Shipment Address to my Cart that differs from my Bill to Address.  Both addresses have the same country and state/province ids (although I can remove this from the Shipment Address and it still fails).

I understand that some people are not experiencing issues with this.

To this point, I have tried using Shopper Groups, weights and Countries in various combinations but nothing seems to work.  My understanding is that the Enable Automatic Selected Shipment should work if you do not specify weight, Shopper Group or Countries as long as there is only one published Shipment Method.  Have I overlooked something?  Is this potentially linked to another issue?

Thank you

Ty3uK

alatak i give you all access to my site. u may debug this issue

Zer0g

srseale

By going back to 2.0.7j, I am able to automatically select my Shipment Method again.  I am using a slightly different environment, as follows:

Joomla 2.5.6
VM 2.0.7j
PHP 5.3.4
MYSQL 5.1.53

Somewhere between 2.0.7j and 2.0.8a/b enough changed to disable the automatic Shipment Method selection capability for circumstances where all you really want to do is incorporate the shipping for free.

If there is any other information I can provide, please let me know...

Thank you

srseale

Now using:

Joomla 2.5.6
VM 2.0.8c
PHP 5.3.14
Mysql 5.5.25

Same issue.  Single defined Shipment Method is selected until a Shipment Address is specified then the single Shipment Mehtod is unselected and the same message come up when yoyu try to select  the Shipment Method, as follows:

Checkout Step 2
     Please select a shipment method

We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.

Again, no countries, no Shopper Groups, no weights are specified.  Everything is either null or defaulted. 

Is anyone else still experiencing this issue?

Thank you

Milbo

thank you srseale, as I can see you do everything correct. Just send me your login data and maybe I can find it.

btw, did you tried it also as adminstrator?
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104887.0
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Ty3uK

Milbo i got the some bug.. i send u personal message with access to my site.. try to find bug.
good luck

alatak

Hello,

I am checking why you have that problem Ty3uK.

This issue should have been fixed with virtuemart _aio version 2.0.8b.

alatak

Hello Ty3uK

I have fixed the problem on your web site.
This code has not been changed for month.. i do not understand why it is not working for you.

For you i have removed the country condition on the shipment since you don't ask the shopper the country. I have also removed the shopper group condition.

the fix is the following:
in the file /plugins/vmshipment/weight_countries/weight_countries.php, around line 249
change this

if ($weight_cond AND $zip_cond AND $nbproducts_cond AND $orderamount_cond) {

by this code

$cond=$weight_cond AND $zip_cond AND $nbproducts_cond AND $orderamount_cond;
if ($cond) {

I will change the code for the 2.0.8.d

srseale

alatak:

I made the change you described to Ty3uK on my site and, at first blush, it appears to have solved the problem for me as well.  I will continue to confirm the fix but the initial results are indeed very encouraging.

Thank you for your assistance and to Milbo for his contribution.

alatak

Ty3uK

srseale

Ty3uK and I agree that the problem has been solved so I think it is relatively safe to make that a formal declaration.  I have tried some additional tests and, so far, everything seems to work as expected.

Again, thanks to all who participated in this thread and especially alatak and Milbo for their contributions.

A great example of the community at work...

Javix

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue but with automatic selection of payment.
It was working on 2.0.0. and after updating to 2.0.8 it does not work anymore. It does not autoselect and it does not allow to select any payment method.
It just says:
"We are sorry, no payment method matches the characteristics of your order. Please."

How can I solve this? In my setup I have two groups, Public, which uses Paypal and Pro, that uses "Offline Payment", that uses the "Standard Payment".
Is this still possible with virtuemart? It was working on 2.0.0

Any hints?

Thanks, regards.