News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product order inside category

Started by DaggaTora, June 18, 2012, 10:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

There are so many different orderings. Please explain exactly what you mean.

The ordering depended by category works.
The ordering for childs products to change the ordering in the dropdown works.
bdragon254, do you know that the there is an whole tab in the vmconfig with the ordering settings? You must set there as standard ordering, the "ordering" of the product. The default is the ordering by product_name, yes.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

nunomigpe

Quote from: Milbo on March 21, 2013, 13:48:36 PM
There are so many different orderings. Please explain exactly what you mean.

The ordering depended by category works.
The ordering for childs products to change the ordering in the dropdown works.
bdragon254, do you know that the there is an whole tab in the vmconfig with the ordering settings? You must set there as standard ordering, the "ordering" of the product. The default is the ordering by product_name, yes.
Hi Milbo

Inside the products, i can see the floppy drive, but if i change up or down a product and then click on save, the ordering keeps the same.

That´s what we are talking about.

Products ordering

Best Regards

Milbo

Inside the product is a save button as floppy drive? You must just the store button of the product
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lorree63

I want my products to be listed from the most expensive to the least on each category page. I have changed the order in the back end, but it continually shows from least expensive to most.

I have looked in the configuration section but I can't seem to find the method that works.

neo314

Hi Milbo,

Manual Product ordering needs to be an option. Is it in the roadmap for VM?

lindapowers

Hi guys

Can someone confirm if this feature is working in 2.020b?

What we are trying to achieve is order by "product in stock" to show the products with available stock first inside the categories.

That is what we have set but seems to have no effect,

Regards

EDIT: I have chosen sort products by "order" and manually choosed the order from the backend which solves it.

neo314

Quote from: lindapowers on May 13, 2013, 23:07:39 PM
EDIT: I have chosen sort products by "order" and manually choosed the order from the backend which solves it.

How did you choose to order by order and set the order in the backend? That is availale for categories, but I do not see any option for setting an oder column on products. Am I missing something?

neo314

Quote from: lindapowers on May 13, 2013, 23:07:39 PM

I should have said categories and child products, but I don't see any option for products.

lindapowers

This is what worked for me:

And in the products list for a category I set and order and save it:

I tried with product availability but It didnt work as expected, showed me one with stock, another without stock.. then 3rd one with stock so this way we could arrange it.

BTW im using VM 2.020b, have no clue on previous versions.

neo314

That is strange. I am using the same version and the same configuration setting. I see the ordering column in the Categories, but not in the product list. Here is what my product list looks like.

BTW, you always have to mannually set and save the ordering column once before it starts working in my experience. Then you can use the arrow links.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

lindapowers

You have to select a category first at the top left in filter where it says "select product category" then it will allow you to save an order for products inside the chosen category.

Check my second image and you will see I have category "Mandarinas" at the filter selected.

BTW, you always have to mannually set and save the ordering column once before it starts working in my experience. Then you can use the arrow links.

Yes exactly, that is what I described and did.

Regards

neo314

Wow! That helps. I haven't seen that before. I have categories with subcategories and I don't have to do that to see the order column. Thanx!

Milbo

The reason is that you can have different orderings per category. I am sure you are happy that I just found this small hack and added it http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=115829.msg390255#msg390255 .

lindapowers

Quote from: Milbo on May 23, 2013, 09:43:44 AM
The reason is that you can have different orderings per category. I am sure you are happy that I just found this small hack and added it http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=115829.msg390255#msg390255 .

Just tested it and is amazing so thanks for that

piru

Quote from: lindapowers on May 14, 2013, 11:09:36 AM
This is what worked for me

lindapowers, I tried the same, but when I save this setting, the frontend show me the first time all ok (by ordering), but if I choose for example sku, after that I can not sorting again by ordering...
And if I choose ordering too (not only by default, but also Available Sort-by fields), it doesn´t work either.

I only want to see the products by ordering  :-\

Te mando un saludo!