Discover one thing: There are 2 kinds of instalations.... can anyone confirm ?

Started by lipes, May 19, 2012, 19:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipes

discover one thing with a new instalation of J + VM2.0.7 : i've been reporting this months that i've got problems in going back to main category.. that give me a blank page without image... or problems in breadcrumbs, etc..

So i think that i've discover the reason for that... "there are 2 types of instalation" (one good other bad that i never should do).

One is start our Shop/Store with the Default VM Data (this must be the default)...
(that give us one store demo... we a perfect going back in breadcrumbs, etc...)

The other is instaling the VM without any Demo sample Data (this never should by done by us)
(that will give many problems in going back in breadcrumbs, etc... like i've been reporting all this months)

So.... how and why i've discover this right now?
My instalations are always with no sample date... So my first online webhost test with VM2.x was done yesterday... and the webhost do us many restrictions in upload scripts... i install all things manualy (files and sql tables) give me lot of work and some problems to have the site online... then i did my first test in using the menu: "Tools" > "Tools & Migration"  i enable the database update tools ...
and clicked in all options.... including the "Reset all tables and INSTALL SAMPLE DATA", "reset all & fresh install", "install tables or if necessary update them"  "restore system defaults" etc.. etc..

And discover that now the breadcrumbs work correct and i can see the image.. i am searching if there are others problems solved too with sample data instaled...

PS: when i did the database tools one of them give me an error:
JInstaller::install: D:\Ampps\www\novo\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\install\install_required_data.sql SQL Error DB function failed with error number 1062
Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=-- -- Dumping data for table `jos__virtuemart_customs` -- INSERT INTO `jos_virtuemart_customs` ( `virtuemart_custom_id`, `custom_parent_id`, `admin_only`, `custom_title`, `custom_tip`, `custom_value`, `custom_field_desc`, `field_type`, `is_list`, `is_hidden`, `is_cart_attribute`, `published`, `created_on`, `created_by`, `modified_on`, `modified_by`, `locked_on`, `locked_by`) VALUES (1,0, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_TIP', '', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_DESC', 'R', 0, 0, 0, 1, '2011-05-25 21:52:43', 62, '2011-05-25 21:52:43', 62, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0), (2,0, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_TIP', NULL, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_DESC', 'Z', 0, 0, 0, 1, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0);
SQL =
--
-- Dumping data for table `#___virtuemart_customs`
--

INSERT INTO `#__virtuemart_customs` ( `virtuemart_custom_id`, `custom_parent_id`, `admin_only`, `custom_title`, `custom_tip`, `custom_value`, `custom_field_desc`, `field_type`, `is_list`, `is_hidden`, `is_cart_attribute`, `published`, `created_on`, `created_by`, `modified_on`, `modified_by`, `locked_on`, `locked_by`) VALUES
(1,0, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_TIP', '', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_DESC', 'R', 0, 0, 0, 1, '2011-05-25 21:52:43', 62, '2011-05-25 21:52:43', 62, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0),
(2,0, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_TIP', NULL, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_DESC', 'Z', 0, 0, 0, 1, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0);

This is strange for me .. but ok.. next time i will use sample data from the beggining to dont have this problem. Now i must discover how to update my old (mp5) test website without lose the work that i've been done since november/dezember..

Can anyone confirm this situation?
Do a instalation without any sample date and then just create a Category + Sub-Category; Insert 1 product ; 1 Manufacturer; upload images in all things ... and test the navigation between (Categories/Category/Front Page Product to Product Details Page and -> Main Category, etc)..
See if have the image and test the breadcrumb nav...

and then compare that with a new instalation with sample date ..

UPDATE: Now i can move up or down by editing the Shopper Field List. Too! After that test i cannot move any field!
So: users must install VM with Sample Data by default or we have problems...
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

Milbo

Hmmm, very, very interesting.

I must admit, I install most time with sample data.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

yep.. many of my problems are now solved! (finally.. ufff!!!) Now i cant get the VM Manufacturer Module working correct too!
not in 3 columns (text + image) like i'd described ..
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25