2.0.7 e Notify me , call for price, ask a question updated

Started by John2400, May 18, 2012, 10:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zainabubu

Oh ok, thank you. Just a bit scared to update as it never does me well. My most important component, T_HUb, pretty much stopped working with my last updates and they have stopped supporting VM because they are unable to get the component to work with it's updates.

zainabubu

Is there a way I can apply a fix for the notify me only so as to avoid an issue with my other components. I just finally got my site to a very stable environment.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

zainabubu

so I did the update, and I still do not see how the notify me was fixed. I did a test with an out stock item, asked to be notified, then increased the qty in stock from 0 - 1...no automatic email sent regarding auto notification. I searched vm and I also can not find a section that allows vendors to know if customers asked to be notified for when a product is in stock again.

John2400

OK - Not something I have used for a while - however I did do some initial testing on this and it worked quite well.

The idea is that you have in the configuration set that -
* when the stock gets low - you get notification- by email.
* You also have Notify me..( I presume they are registered customers) as they need the system to recognise them.
* Their - email and information gets registered just underneath the products name - in the product section.
* You get an email telling you that stock is low or 0 as the setting shows--

* When you receive this notification - you log into the product .. increase the number of products and then hit notify customers.

They then receive an email telling them that the stock is back up.

I see I started this post in 2012 - and tested it then - Please if you have a problem and it does not work - then post away ..

[attachment cleanup by admin]

zainabubu

"So...is there a way for this to automatically notify shoppers of availability instead of manually sending the mails from the product backend? Also is there a way we can view items clients have requested to get notified for upon availability. This would encourage vendors to restock items faster.

I use vm 2.0.26d _ joomla 2.5.24"
John2400 - "You need to update as all these are all included in the new versions."

Now I feel gyped! What I asked was if there was an AUTOMATIC way to get this done. "* When you receive this notification - you log into the product .. increase the number of products and then hit notify customers."

This is manual! I already had this working in the old version and thought it unhelpful. I have over 8000 items on my store with about 100s going out of stock every week...how would I know if someone asks to be notified? I do a bulk upload of inventory change every other day, I do not go into the back end of each item to change from 0 to 1...that would be tedious, and that seems to be the only way for a vendor to know when customers ask for items.

I asked for if there was a section I could see the list of items that customers requested to be notified about and for it to automatically send them emails once products come back in stock. My acymailing enterprise does not do this...so I don't even know why there is a logo of it beneath the Notify Me section in product status.

"* You get an email telling you that stock is low or 0 as the setting shows--" this has nothing to do with Notify Me, I get that email for items that need to be restocked, not items customers asked to be Notified about once it is restocked.

"* When you receive this notification - you log into the product .. increase the number of products and then hit notify customers." Nothing about this is automatic, 2.0.26d already did this.

Milbo

The section to see this is IN the product edit. A general listing is not written. If you want something like that you write a ticket here http://extensions.virtuemart.net/ticket and ask for the costs. Or maybe someone already wrote an extension for this request.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member