News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VirtueMart 2 Theme (works with your current joomla template)

Started by Eugen S., May 10, 2012, 15:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustynuts

Hi I have just purchased your template and the site looks great now THANKS :)

I do have a few bugs/modifications that i need to iron out though.

1: I would like to display the product short description in the "detailed" template but don't know what parts of the code to remove.

2: On most virtuemart pages (for some reason a couple of pages display fine) when i browse on a smart phone it does not load the "responsive" template. I have checked to see what templates they use and both working and non working pages are directed to the same template. If i change to an old template that does not include your files it all displays fine.

3: If a customer logs in during checkout the "update quantity in cart" box disappears leaving just the number which can not be modified. This can only be fixed by pressing on the update quantity refresh button, but not the browser refresh button.   

martinusm

Quote from: Eugen S. on March 04, 2013, 14:08:57 PM
Hello Danny,

please replace the line:

$html.= '<input type="hidden" class="quantity-input" name="quantity[]" value="1"/>';

with the following lines:

(!empty($product->min_order_level)) ? $minOrderLevel = $product->min_order_level : $minOrderLevel = 1;
$html.=             '<input type="text" class="quantity-input" name="quantity[]" value="'.$minOrderLevel.'"/>';

Sincerely,

Eugen Stranz

Hi Eugen,

To take it a bit further, what would I have to do to make the quantity field increment the same as the min_order_level ?
Just like it does on the products-detail page. So if the min_order_level is 25, one click would change it to 50 and not 26 as it does now
I've been trying for day's now, copying the step and script code from the details page, but I can't get it to work.

Please advice

Regards, Martin

Eugen S.

Quote from: martinusm on July 15, 2013, 12:27:10 PM
Quote from: Eugen S. on March 04, 2013, 14:08:57 PM
Hello Danny,

please replace the line:

$html.= '<input type="hidden" class="quantity-input" name="quantity[]" value="1"/>';

with the following lines:

(!empty($product->min_order_level)) ? $minOrderLevel = $product->min_order_level : $minOrderLevel = 1;
$html.=             '<input type="text" class="quantity-input" name="quantity[]" value="'.$minOrderLevel.'"/>';

Sincerely,

Eugen Stranz

Hi Eugen,

To take it a bit further, what would I have to do to make the quantity field increment the same as the min_order_level ?
Just like it does on the products-detail page. So if the min_order_level is 25, one click would change it to 50 and not 26 as it does now
I've been trying for day's now, copying the step and script code from the details page, but I can't get it to work.

Please advice

Regards, Martin

Hello Martin,

to realize your project, it requires a modification in the code. For this we would need to try it myself once before we could ever describe it in individual steps.

Surely you understand that we would quickly reach our financial limit if we would offer such an effort as a free service.

We will note your request and try to implement this in a future update.

We will gladly provide you with a non-binding offer to your request in a timely manner to implement for you. If you are interested please send us a message on our page http://www.developing-and-design.com

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Eugen Stranz
Send me a pm ;-)

Eugen S.

Quote from: rustynuts on July 10, 2013, 08:05:06 AM
Hi I have just purchased your template and the site looks great now THANKS :)

I do have a few bugs/modifications that i need to iron out though.

1: I would like to display the product short description in the "detailed" template but don't know what parts of the code to remove.

2: On most virtuemart pages (for some reason a couple of pages display fine) when i browse on a smart phone it does not load the "responsive" template. I have checked to see what templates they use and both working and non working pages are directed to the same template. If i change to an old template that does not include your files it all displays fine.

3: If a customer logs in during checkout the "update quantity in cart" box disappears leaving just the number which can not be modified. This can only be fixed by pressing on the update quantity refresh button, but not the browser refresh button.   

Hello ,

1. it requires a modification in the code. For this we would need to try it myself once before we could ever describe it in individual steps.

Surely you understand that we would quickly reach our financial limit if we would offer such an effort as a free service.

We will gladly provide you with a non-binding offer to your request in a timely manner to implement for you. If you are interested please send us a message on our page http://www.developing-and-design.com

2. Our template is not responsive yet. We are working on that.

3. Yes - browser refresh wouldn't work in any case. This is the only way we can do it right now. I'm sorry.

Sincerely,

Eugen Stranz
Send me a pm ;-)

jansolo76

Hi Eugen,

i bought your brilliant theme and i'm actually very satisfied.
Since my client wants some "minor" changes in the template structure i'm sometimes stuck.
Is there a possibility to get the "top ten" (it's the recently viewed products, right?) onto the product details page under the related products?

Best regards,
Jan

Eugen S.

Quote from: jansolo76 on July 16, 2013, 14:09:08 PM
Hi Eugen,

i bought your brilliant theme and i'm actually very satisfied.
Since my client wants some "minor" changes in the template structure i'm sometimes stuck.
Is there a possibility to get the "top ten" (it's the recently viewed products, right?) onto the product details page under the related products?

Best regards,
Jan

Hello Jan,

to realize your project, it requires a modification in the code. For this we would need to try it myself once before we could ever describe it in individual steps.

We will note your request and try to implement this in a future update.

We will gladly provide you with a non-binding offer to your request in a timely manner to implement for you. If you are interested we will need your address to which the offer is addressed. You can send it in a private message or contact us at http://developing-and-design.com/

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Eugen Stranz
Send me a pm ;-)

rustynuts

Quote from: Eugen S. on January 02, 2013, 18:19:08 PM
Our VirtueMart Theme gets responsive in a couple of days. Isn`t that cool ;-)

Sorry I was under the impression it was already responsive.

I can see from the last few replys that small code changes or suggestions will not be supplied by the developers unless payed for.

Does anyone else know what code i would need to insert or enable to get the product short description in the "detailed" template view?

"works with your current joomla template" clearly it does not

Eugen S.

Quote from: rustynuts on July 17, 2013, 05:07:29 AM
"works with your current joomla template" clearly it does not

Off course it does. The fact that the short description is not visible does not mean that the theme isn't working.

You should really start to realize what a big gift you get with the FREE VirtueMart. Seems this gift is not enough and you asking for free modifications. Would you explain 100+ people how to modify code every day for their individual requirements? I don't think so... Only Bill Gates could afford this currently...

In your case please open the following file:
/templates/ your template /html/com_virtuemart/themes/grids/products/detailed.php

Change Line 79 - 86 where you see
// Output: Product Short Description
/*if (!empty($product->product_s_desc)) {
//  && $show['show_product_desc'] == 'yes'
$html.=     '<div class="product-short-desc">';
$html.=         shopFunctionsF::limitStringByWord($product->product_s_desc, 60 , '...');
$html.=     '</div>';

}*/

replace it with:

// Output: Product Short Description
if (!empty($product->product_s_desc)) {
//  && $show['show_product_desc'] == 'yes'
$html.=     '<div class="product-short-desc">';
$html.=         shopFunctionsF::limitStringByWord($product->product_s_desc, 60 , '...');
$html.=     '</div>';

}
Send me a pm ;-)

rustynuts

Thanks Eugen I do appreciate your assistance.

My comment about it not working with my current joomla template is more in regards to my understanding that your template was reactive, like my current joomla template.
With nearly exactly half of my customers browsing on tablets and phones and the importance of this function to SEO it was a feature i was really looking foward to implementing.

So i do appologise for my reaction. It has more to do with my frustration than your product.

I do realise what a gift it is to have free products and community support. I also don't have any problems buying custom solutions like your own and have done so.

I was of the assumption that the code needed was very much like the "add to cart" modification discussed earlier in this thread so i didnt think it was out of bounds to ask for a suggestion.
Especially when this is a community that thrives on people helping others with discussion, this is the best place to have problems and solutions listed.
I would also think it would not be uncommon for others who use your template to want this information either.

However i understand your comment on having to explain to 100+ people a day and the cost to you guys. I will be using your paid service just as soon as i can make some minor adjustments and am satisfied that it is ready for the final clean up.

Again thanks for your assistance

Oh any idea on when the template will become reactive?

Eugen S.

no problem.

I think you mean "responsive" - we will release a version in 2 weeks ;-)
Send me a pm ;-)

Eugen S.

We just published an update for VirtueMart 2.0.22 - please update.
Send me a pm ;-)

b5104895

hello Eugen

I am interested in your product (VirtueMart 2 Bundle). But I'm not' sure
something. I want to buy and I want to know

1.show my product in each subcategory (random 3-5 product in subcategory)
to show on front page, for example

Computer
[pic] ........ [pic] ........ [pic] ........ [pic] ........ [pic] ........

Phone

Book

2. show products last viewed by your visitors
3. Can I customs css style ?
4. your extension compatible with all template?

I want to knows your product can support me ? So I want to know description
decision for join to purchase your template ..

Regards

Eugen S.

Quote from: b5104895 on July 23, 2013, 23:00:19 PM
1.show my product in each subcategory (random 3-5 product in subcategory)
to show on front page, for example

The easiest way to do that is to use our module "All About Products". This Module can be placed / assigned on / to your frontpage. It allows you to show products of specific categories.

2. show products last viewed by your visitors

The above mentioned module "All About Products" can also do this!

3. Can I customs css style ?

Absolutely. It's totally allowed to customise everything to your needs. No restrictions.

4. your extension compatible with all template?

Yes!
Send me a pm ;-)

Eugen S.

Quote from: tobias_conrad on July 24, 2013, 09:39:03 AM
I am with this template since a year.

got all email adresses and phone numbers from eugen stranz.
no reaction. JUST stop buying it.

Warning no support, no updates on theme

Hello Tobias Conrad,

at the current moment we have absolutely 0 opened support tickets in our system which you can find at http://support.developing-and-design.com/anonymous_requests/new.

Please do not hesitate to open a support ticket. Support by phone doesn't exist!!!

Sincerely,

Eugen Stranz

Update: all problems were solved immediately. Tobias just sent us an email to one of our private emails instead of using the support system.
Send me a pm ;-)

petrovm

Quote from: tobias_conrad on July 24, 2013, 09:39:03 AM
I am with this template since a year.

got all email adresses and phone numbers from eugen stranz.
no reaction. JUST stop buying it.

Warning no support, no updates on theme

On the same token... where is the promised documentation?
Following is the extract from http://www.developing-and-design.com

Product Summary & Overview
Features

Complete Virtuemart 2 theme
    image gallery

"Out of the Box" Stylings
    w3c compliant

Compatibility

Joomla 2.5 & Virtuemart 2+
    MySQL 5.x
    PHP 5.3.x+

What you get

Complete Virtuemart Theme
    detailed documentation
    customer support

This product should clearly be advertised as DEVELOPERS product ... end users will still have to spend endless time in order to get what they are after... VERY DISAPPOINTING ... VERY LITTLE VALUE!!! ... Think twice before purchasing.