News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

stock does not update, product is showing in stock even if I have set to 0?

Started by jux, May 03, 2012, 17:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jux

Hello guys, and the VM team!
I have a weird issue that I can't find how to fix it?

When I set a product to 0 and I go into the frontent and select the produt it still shows: product in stock
I have used custom field: generic child variant in order to have a possibility to choose a size for my product but it seems that all my child product have the same stock that the parent (product A) ?

I have tried with the plugin : custom stockable variants: it only shows what the product that I have and not the product that are 0 in stock, but the issue is different I can order more products that what I have in stock?

I have tried my site locally (wamp server) and online but the problem is the same.
I dont know where to look and it is now 6 hours im on it!

Please help me :)

jux

uschmi

jux

Moreover the action : Products Out of Stock are orderable, and the field 'Availability' below is displayed  does not work , as VM does not see when I have a product at 0 value (out of stock)

Anyone could help us please ?

jux

ok i have a temporaly solution but it is not the ideal honestly: for your product out of stock change it from 0 to a negative value like -1. It works but I have still have the other issue.

Is that a VM 2.0.6 commun bugs?
I have to point out that I have looked on all the forum but could do not find an answer.

antonitus

I have the same problem with the 'on order/not available' not working.

See thread here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102189.0 on what is working and not working.

There obviously seems to be a bug here and not many people using VM have seen it or even come up with a solution.  VM devs, please take note.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

jux

Ok i have done a proper installation of a fresh new Joomla 2.5.4 + last VM 2.0.6 and still  when i set up product stock to 0 it can be ordered in Backend?

Am i getting crazy ? or I m doing something wrong? I have set up in the configuration "show notify me when product is out of stock"
Anyone from VM team can help me please? I need to open my e-commerce asap!
Thank you

uschmi

I had this issue already in earler version. Hoped, this will be solved, but it looks like there is still no solution yet...
Any idea/help from the developers?

antonitus

The developers probably know about this and are I'm hoping they will resolve it soon as it is a very important issue which needs to be fixed, otherwise what is the point of stock control if it doesn't work.

Is anyone getting an 'add to cart' button when you select 'on order' or 'not available' option or is it just me and a template issue?
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

jux

ok I think I have spot a bug here , because I m not the only to get this error, and I have test and install on 3 differents computer with fresh download joomla 2.5.4 + vm 2.0.6 and the issue is still here:

*BUG find  with  the parent product /child

when you set up the stock of the parent product to =6
When the stock of the child product is coming to = 0 it takes automatically the stock of the parent (=6)

Moreover the parent product can be ordered which is not ok. (there should be a warning popup asking to choose a size or color first - meaining choosing a child product from the parent product)

I could set up the stock of the parent produt to = 0 but there will be a problem on the page of the parent product it will show= product out of stock or notify me which is measleading the customer that will think the product is not available.

Could you please let me know on how to fix this issue?
My e-commerce is stuck from opening because of this.

Thank you for the hard work , VM is such a great component!

antonitus

Ah I see. I'm not getting your error because I don't have a child product, so I suppose it is a bug.

How about when you select 'on order' option, does your site still have the 'add to cart' button?
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

jux

Yes there is no problem with the add to cart button , you should contact Gavick for this issue as it is a Javascript problem coming from the Template.
Try to see if you have a conflict in your folder template/ gavick template/ html / com virtuemart

antonitus

I installed, the latest VM2.0.6 and now the 'notify me' function is back to normal, i.e. buyer needs to enter email address to be notified of product availability, just like that in VM1+.  There was obviously a bug here or maybe it was something to do with the template as I also updated that too.  I still get the 'add-to-cart' button now on the 'on order' option.  But that doesn't matter anymore.  I believe it is both a template and VM issue which has been addressed in some places.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16