News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Search results shows categories

Started by earthrat, April 19, 2012, 18:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earthrat

I first added the search module like I would any other module and when I did a search it shows up way down at the bottom below the categories. So I though if I added the search to a custom page that had nothing on it I would get the results where they should be. I was wrong, the results went back to the category page and again loaded the results at the bottom.

How do I fix this so that search results show up in on a new page or at least above the categories so it actually looks like something happened when I perform a search?

Joe Bourque

Have you found the solution for this?

earthrat

Sorry Joe, I gave up on VM. This version is a total waste of time and is so full of holes even if this problem is figured out there is 100 more waiting around the next corner. Do yourself a favor and find a better solution and let VM grow up. They need to fix this cart before anyone serious about selling online should be using it! Free or not this team should be more professional than they are and understand that what they are proud of here needs to function and not have to be constantly hacked to make it work!

RobertL

earthrat

This is classic of just what I am talking about. Instead of the developers fixing it everyone else is showing you how to hack it up. So how does that play in the next update and will the hack have to be reapplied? Is that a chance you want to take?

RobertL

I guess it's still early days for 2.0.x series. I admit, there are some questionable paths they've taken with the way things work which complicate things for no good reason.

What you say makes perfect sense, last thing you want to do is reapply the hacks (having said that, for that reason alone I'm still running my current shop on 1.1.6) every time an update is available. But developers aside, as an open source project, community input is just as important, as long as developers implement the fixes users provide in following releases, we shouldn't need to reapply the hacks (unless is functionality they don't intend to provide). I'm not ready to give it up just yet, thought I've had to fix a couple of things already. I'm a few days away from releasing another shop based on 2.0.x and I want to see how it goes live. I have plan B in place for switching to 1.1.9 if I need to.

And v1.2.0 (1.1.9 for J2.5) is out as of now so it might make things even easier if it's thumbs down for VM2.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102139.0