News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

When you are already registered, please login directly here - change

Started by tcuttrissweb, April 17, 2012, 20:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcuttrissweb

How the heck do you change this text in the shopping cart. If is too confusing a statement for our client base. I want to change this text to be geared more toward our customer demographic.

I'd much prefer it to explain

"You may purchase items from our store as a guest, however having a user account with us may speed up your next shopping experience. If you already have a user account with us, please login below. If you would like to continue as a guest click "checkout" below and follow the guest checkout process."

jenkinhill

Changing text is easy. LOcate the string you wish to change in the language files - joomla_root/language/en-GB/   - possibly en-GB.mod_virtuemart_cart.ini

Then use a language override (assuming you use Joomla 2.5) - see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92944.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tcuttrissweb

Perfect! The phrase was found in en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini

I'm just now diving into changing it - File is locked - however I assume I can unlock it and change the phrasing to what I'd like it to say, but will review your link first.

Okay -  reviewed the link. So do I have to create a new .ini in the overrides folder that matches the one or do I put it in the index.html file in the overrides folder, that's what I'm now testing out. This will be marked solved as soon as I nail it and I'll post the details for any others with this same or similar question.

****Okay folks, full steps to do this are here*****

• For this specific verbiage, you'll find it as mentioned above in en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini within the Joomla[root folder]/Languages/ directory.
  • Open this up with notepad or TextEdit or any other notation software allowing you to save the file without adding its own crap to it.
    Find the line, again for this specific verbiage, here it is (saved you some work):

COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_CONNECT_FORM="When you are already registered, please login directly here"

• In the above line there are two bits to be aware of. The constant and the value. The constant is before the = sign and the value is what comes after it. Copy the constant, so copy COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_CONNECT_FORM by any ol' copy method, ctrl/cmd +C or whatever.

• Now login to your Joomla backend.
  • Go to Extensions -> Language Manager
  • Click on the Overrides tab
  • Click New
  • On the right is an area you can use to search the language files.  Paste the copied constant into the search field and hit Search.
  • When the result displays, click once on it and it will show in the main override section of this window.
  • Now you can change the text to whatever you'd like it to read and save it.

Thanks.