Pagination shows only 6 items or the count of former used menu entry

Started by Thomas Kuschel, April 17, 2012, 15:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Kuschel

Hello,
I found a very annoying side effect with pagination of the product's category view.
Description:
Every time when I navigate through my website, through different menus, and afterwards clicking to the virtuemart menu entry - the categories are shown. But then, after clicking into any category, only 20, or 6, or 10 product items are shown.
It depends on the menu where I navigated before! The value "# Intro" of the Parameters of the e.g. Category Blog Layout sets this default value... That's a side effect.
Inside each product category form, you can configure the  parameters Category Form Limit List Max, etc. via Backend - But that doesn't matter if this "#Intro" value is lower.
Within my template, this was very annoying, because I have hidden the "results" selection box on the right upper side. And I wanted to show all devices without pagination.

Does anyone have the same error?

After some debugging, I found a solution - but I'm not sure if this is the most suitable one.
Inside /components/com_virtuemart/router.php line 583 I changed the code from
if (! array_key_exists ($instanceKey, self::$_instances)){
self::$_instances[$instanceKey] = new vmrouterHelper ($instanceKey,$query);

if (self::$limit===null){
$mainframe = Jfactory::getApplication(); ;
self::$limit= $mainframe->getUserStateFromRequest('global.list.limit', 'limit', VmConfig::get('list_limit', 20), 'int');
}
}
return self::$_instances[$instanceKey];

to
if (! array_key_exists ($instanceKey, self::$_instances)){
self::$_instances[$instanceKey] = new vmrouterHelper ($instanceKey,$query);

if (self::$limit===null){
$mainframe = Jfactory::getApplication();
self::$limit= $mainframe->getUserStateFromRequest('com_virtuemart.list.limit', 'limit', VmConfig::get('list_limit', 20), 'int');
}
}
return self::$_instances[$instanceKey];

Versions: Joomla 1.5.25, Virtuemart 2.0.6, 2.0.4, 2.0.3i, PHP 5.3.10-2, SEF on

best regards,
Thomas Kuschel, http://www.loytec.com

Milbo

Thank you, this explains me something.

It should even contain the id of the category imho. Then you have the pagination stored per category, that was the idea and I wondered that it did not work with sef. thx.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Thomas Kuschel

Hi Milbo,

I've been too early pleased...

I have problems with the posted solution, after some more tests it didn't work any more...

I can't figure out the settings of limit, results, list_limit etc.
Hope you'll find the bug.

In the moment I changed the line 293 to
$vars['limit'] = 0; // vmrouterHelper::$limit;

So I get ALL my products listed! - : ::)

Thomas