News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

"Add To Cart" Issues and others

Started by BonaFide, April 14, 2012, 10:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonaFide

Seem to be having an issue with the Add toCart button as it is not appearing on the frontend for the product page. It is there as when you hover the mouse over where it should be and click, it will add the product to the cart (have added an image of the issue)

Additionally, when I click on "Show Cart" in the Shopping Cart Module, it displays the "Cannot Display Webpage" error. This occurs when I try and add billing and shipping address for a registered user too.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

For the non-display that is most likely a css issue. Use Firebug to have a look.

Just posting an image is really useless, a live url is needed if you want a forum member to have a look.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

BonaFide

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 14, 2012, 13:35:26 PM
For the non-display that is most likely a css issue. Use Firebug to have a look.

Just posting an image is really useless, a live url is needed if you want a forum member to have a look.
Hi there Kelvyn

What is Firebug?

I would love to be able to give you a live URL, but am developing locally at the moment

Kind regards,

Craig

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

BonaFide

Hi Kelvyn

Thanks for the link. Will definietly have a look at the plugin.

In the meantime, I have uploaded the site to the URL (it is not complete as yet as am still developing), but should give you or a couple of the other members an insight into the issue I am having.

www.grubbypaws.co.za

Kind regards,

Craig

BonaFide

Upgrading the Joomla installation from 2.5.2 to 2.5.4 resolved the issue related to the "Add to Cart" button, but the issues related to the "Show Cart" button in the Shopping Cart Module and "Billing and Shipping Addresses,  when in the Shopping Cart are still unresolved.

jenkinhill

Error I saw suggests that you have selected "Enable SSL for sensible areas (recommended)" but either the server does not support https://www.grubbypaws.co.za or you have no SSL certificate on the server. Try turning Enable SSL off.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

BonaFide

Evening Kelvyn

How did you ascertain the error as I got nothing.

SSL is currently not enabled on the site (but will be in the near future due to it being an e-commerce store). Is the SSL setting server, Joomla or Virtuemart side?

jenkinhill

VirtueMart configuration/Shop is where the setting is.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

BonaFide

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 16, 2012, 23:17:05 PM
VirtueMart configuration/Shop is where the setting is.

Thank you Kelvyn, you are a star!  ;D

It worked a treat.

Two other quick questions. The Currency letter at the moment appears after the pricing (i.e. 999.00 R as opposed to what I need in R 999.00). How would I change this?

jenkinhill

Configuration/Currencies/Currency details.

Get a copy of VirtueMart 2.0 Admin Menu Cheatsheet from http://oscmanuals.com/virtuemart-fdm-26.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

BonaFide

Wonderful! Thank you again Kelvyn.

BonaFide

It seems the "add To Cart" button issue (where it disappears) is only prevalent in IE. There are no issues with any of the other browsers.

I tried using Firebug to ascertain where the issue lies in the CSS to no avail.

BonaFide

It seems this is not the only issue with VM in Internet Explorer. When I click on check out, it asks to fill out client details, but the input boxes also do not appear in IE.

[attachment cleanup by admin]