News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM menue gone after update to 2.0.4

Started by babylon5, April 12, 2012, 08:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babylon5

After updating vm 2.0.2 and aio 2.02 to 2.0.4 the virtuemart menue within the components menue is gone. So I cannot reach the shop. Clearing the browser cache does not help.

Any ideas???

Babylon5

pkornmeier

jenkinhill

This will be the Joomla 2.5 installer. Try to install again, do not uninstall first. It will not delete any products/images etc.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pkornmeier

How should I install VM without the Joomla installer? I tried to install with the VM update function, but it did not work, I got an error. I installed it several times with Joomla installer, but the component menue ist still gone. Any Idea?

jenkinhill

Install with the Joomla Extension Manager in the same way that you would install any Joomla component, module or plugin.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pkornmeier

I installed it with the Joomla Extension Manager, but still no virtueamart in the menue. So I tried the VM 2.0.6 Update still the same. Any Idea?

jenkinhill

The fix for this (and any other component that is installed but not on the menu) is to open up the database in phpMyAdmin and look in the xxx_extensions table for the VirtueMart component entry. Check the content of the "enabled" field. It should be 1 but yours may show 0  - edit it to 1 and the component will then show in the Joomla BE menu.

Before doing that you could try using the Discover facility in the Extension Manager  - somebody reported this worked for a Community Builder component install on J2.5 that failed to appear in the components menu.

What PHP version are you using? Is it an overloaded shared server you are using?

There are also many reports here on the forum that having Xmap installed without the current VirtueMartplugin prevents the VM component from registering in the database, the anwer there is to add in the plugin and use Joomla 2.5's discovery feature. If you already have the Xmap VM plugin enabled, then disable it,  save, and then re-enable it. The link returns
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

pkornmeier

Hi Kelvyn,

thanks a lot for your help. The entry for virtuemart is enabled in the jos_extensions table, so that´s not the problem. But this brought me to the solution of the problem.

If the problem occurs do the following:

- go to the table "jos_extensions"
- search the entry  with field "name" = virtuemart
- note the value of the field "extension_id"

- than go to the table "jos_menu"
- search the entry  with field "title" = COM_VIRTUEMART
- change the field "component_id" to the value  of the field "extension_id" from table "jos_extensions"

Than reload the Joomla-adminsite and it should work.

I don´t why this happen, but may be it´s because my Joomla-Installation was migrated from version 1.5

jenkinhill

Interesting solution. There are odd reports of installation issues with other components on J2.5 too, so it may not be related to your migration. Good that it now works.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

brandongay

My installation does not have a "field "title" = COM_VIRTUEMART"  What do I do from there?

Thanks

Georgios Kolomvos

Quote from: pkornmeier on April 19, 2012, 10:03:14 AM
- change the field "component_id" to the value  of the field "extension_id" from table "jos_extensions"

Thank you pkornmeier, your solution worked great for me.
I had the same problem (Virtuemart link disappeared from the components menu at Joomla Back-End) when i upgraded from VM2.0.8e to VM2.0.12b with Xmap installed.
I do not know why it happened. But since it is solved, everything is OK ...
Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

webzie

FYI, after upgrading to vm 2.0.12b I lost VirtueMart in the components menu, but virtuemart-aio was still showing. Because I had backed-up, I figured out that virtuemart-aio had taken the ID form com_virtuemart in the #_menu table in PHP-admin.  So the com_virtuemart-entry had been overwritten by the virtuemart-aio-entry. After manually adding a table-entry for virtuemart component with a new ID, it showed again in the menu.

winstart

liked to do so but in my _menu i don't have de Virtuemart, only the Virtuemart AIO
i can make one, but can anyone tell me all the values??

:) Annelies

saviB

VM was set to 1 in my DB. I had to uninstall XMAP (and all its modules) then re-install VM. DONT UNINSTALL VM FIRST!

CE WebDesign München

same problem when i upgraded from VM2.0.8c to VM2.0.14 with Xmap installed.
And again from VM2.0.14 to VM2.0.15b.
So pkornmeier-fix works (thanks!) but has to be repeated...
CE WebDesign München: https://ce-webdesign.de | Websites, eCommerce WebShops | Responsive Design | SEO