News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Pay per download

Started by foggykt, March 31, 2012, 14:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foggykt

hello!

im new to VM 2.0 and i cant find this feauture. I am building a bookstore, and for every product i need it to be downloaded ( pay then download as pdf ), or payed and shipped as an order. How to do this, is it posible?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

foggykt

I need to pay for it? In VM before 2.0 this feauture was free...Is there a free way to do this?

Merry

Foggykt, when a program is all-new, it is released with fewer, but tested extensions. As the program continues to grow and mature more extensions are added.

You can wait for VirtueMart to release with this extension included; I do not know, but suspect that functionality like this is likely to be added in the future. No guarantees and we do not know when. OR, you can pay the 30 Euros about 40 US bucks to have it today.

Merry
Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/

jenkinhill

foggykt VirtueMart 2 is released as a core system to which additional functions are added by plugins. This makes it easier for the developers to maintain a stable core which itself has many hooks for 3rd party developers to attach plugins to. As the majority of VM stores are built to ship real goods, not downloadables, the core is developed without a pay for download built in facility. This is therefore an additional plugin so can be developed to suit different products, such as software, video files, mp3s or epub ebooks.

eStores are either built by a developer who builds in any additional plugin or module costs to their quote, or by shopkeepers who now that for a small outlay they can have a cart system up and running with the aim of making sales and therefore a profit. As with any business, development costs can be offset against tax.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum