How to use Custom Field stockable variant (Explained) (video) (photos page 4)

Started by HG, March 30, 2012, 15:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrpmedia

here`s the other view

[attachment cleanup by admin]

dsrpmedia

here is the custom attributes page after adding the custom attribute

corymp

dsrp, which plugin are you using?

Is it VM Custom Field with Stock Control    <- I can get to where you are whith this one

or is it VM Custom, Stockable Variants?     <- no options will save for me with this one   -  This is the one HE is saying to use
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

dsrpmedia

here are the errors I get on the front end once attributes are added

dsrpmedia

Quotedsrp, which plugin are you using?

Is it VM Custom Field with Stock Control    <- I can get to where you are whith this one

or is it VM Custom, Stockable Variants?     <- no options will save for me with this one   -  This is the one HE is saying to use

I am using (or trying to use) the Stockable Variants

what is really weird is I don `t even have the option you mention - VM Custom Field with Stock Control

I only have 3 plugin options

customer input text
pproduct specification
Stockable Variants

I`m using the latest 2.0.3.x rc with joomla 2.5.3

I`ve tried uninstalling & reinstalling several times

corymp

I have a bunch, and I am using H see the pic

VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

dsrpmedia

wow

that may be the heart of my problem - virtuemart is not fully re-installing after I uninstall for some reason - I `m going to try a fresh install on a new dev site & see what happens

dsrpmedia

on a (I think) completely different note - trying to get joomla 2.5 / vm 2.0 working I am constantly getting 'No input file specified.' errors - apparently this is quite common, but none of the solutions I have found fix it

(after a few minutes the site starts working again, but after an irregular # of edits in the backend both the front end & back end go down

does this happen to you?

corymp

it may not. I may be the one with the out of wack install. let me know how it goes with your fresh install.

I don't get that error, but I do find that after doing like you said ( an irregular number of edits) My site do seem to stall, front and back end, also other sites that I have on my package do the same. I'm thinking it's my shared hosting plan though. I'm after calling them with no success in getting an answer
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

delikatess

Hey Folks!

i got the same problem as dsrpmedia:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 187

I followed the instructions but theres no chance to get it to work.
Any solutions?

Best,
m

Screenshots here:
http://d.pr/oOkH

http://d.pr/gP4f

http://d.pr/mTEW

http://d.pr/1S8n

dsrpmedia

Quoteit may not. I may be the one with the out of wack install. let me know how it goes with your fresh install.

ok fresh install
- different host,
- joomla 2.5.3 installed by their CP joomla installer
-VM 2.0.3.h installed

(still only getting the 3 plugin options from before)

-followed all the instructions - using the sample data

- used the sample product 'ladder' (parent of Metal Ladder, Wooden Ladder, & Plastic Ladder in basic install)

still getting the same attributes page result when saving ('Please, add new child product! Thereafter you can select the option for each product') - see attached

also still getting error
'Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /path to site/plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 187'

on front page

the custom attribute title 'Additional Sizes ' is showing up on the product page - but no dropdown

dsrpmedia

Quoteit may not. I may be the one with the out of wack install. let me know how it goes with your fresh install.

Steps I have done to get here - still unsuccessful - can anyone see what I`m missing?

fresh joomla 2.5.3 install
fresh VM 2.0.3.H install

installed the sample data

went to 'Custom Fields' (under 'Products')
selected 'New'

Custom Field Type: Plugins
Title - I used ' Additional Sizes'
Published - Yes
Parent - please select
Cart Attribute - Yes
Description - blank
Default   - blank
Tooltip   - blank
Layout position - blank
Admin only - no
Is a list? - no
Hidden - no
Select a plug-in: VM Custom stockable variants

save

then under
'Option name' i put 'Sizes'

15ml
30ml
60ml

save
save & close

go  to 'Products'

I chose "ladder" (parent of Metal Ladder, Wooden Ladder, Plastic Ladder in the standard sample products installed)
go to 'custom fields' in the product details page

under Custom Field Type: I choose 'Additional Sizes' (the custom Attribute I created in step 1)

save

here what is apparently supposed to happen is the child products are supposed to load, and I can then map the child to the custom attribute option.

but what actually happens is I get a message 'Please, add new child product! Thereafter you can select the option for each product' with the option to add children (see attched)

if I try to add a new product I am told I did - but no product is actually created

then I get that error message in the front

rickyvcp

Same problem here, Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 187

HG

Quote from: dsrpmedia on March 31, 2012, 19:52:26 PM
here are the errors I get on the front end once attributes are added

honesty im not an expert with the errors but maybe you can check if your plugin is enable etc or try uploading the folder responsible for the products...

HG