News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Search Plugin for Jommla 2.5 and VM 2.x

Started by waagnat, March 29, 2012, 16:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waagnat

Hi,
I was trying to figure out if there is a way to use the Joomla search an indexing function to search also the VM store. I don't want to have two search fields. And for small and sites the joomla indexing works quite fine.

The Question: is there a plugin for Joomla 2.5 and VM 2.x that extends the Joomla search Module and Plugins?

Best regards

jenkinhill

The search plugin is installed with the com_virtuemart.2.0.x_ext_aio.zip component. You may need to activate it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

waagnat

I activated it.
->VM - Search, Virtuemart Products

Still I don't get only the results from my content, categories and so on.  Also when I try to index it I can't see it.

First I was thinking that this plugin only provides the interface for the VM search module.

Is there a bug or a special way to register this plugin in Joomla 2.5 so it will be added to the Joomla search?
Thank you

waagnat

So i figured it out.
The indexing function is independent from the search.
The VM plugin is a search plugin and doesn't do indexing. So I was searching using the index....
Never the lesse an indexing plugin would be nice

Thank you very much