I get in now... offer a "free" yet broken product and then charge to "fix" it...

Started by daviator, March 28, 2012, 15:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daviator

I see the plan for VM 2.

Offer a "free" application that is broken. Then have a site to sell your services to "fix" it. http://jobs.virtuemart.net/

Then, sell "extensions" written by the VM developers to fill in the holes left off from previous versions.  http://extensions.virtuemart.net/

And then turn off the ability to leave comments about broken paid extensions (even for registered users/purchasers) so no one knows that they are broken too.

Oh and provide 0 documentation and then ignore all posts on the forums about the broken core application.

Thanks VM, you just cost me a huge client and damaged my reputation.

Anypc

Dude chill,

If you dont know how to use it then don't! I've been using VM2 for 3 months now and it work's perfectly! The minor errors i encounter get fixed with the new releases or one of the staff gives answer on forum.

If you have a paying customer then dont use free software to please them! Or step back to 1.1.9 that one works fine too.

Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

Version J2.5.4 with VM 2.0.3E.

daviator

It doesn't work. Try these:

Shipping:
Create a shipping method of free from products that weight 0 pounds. (downloadable products)
Then create a shipping method from products that weight 1 pound and set the rate to $8.00.
VM will either choose the first method no matter the weight or if you turn off automatic selection it will allow the customer to choose free even if the weight is 1 pound.

Tax rate:
Create a tax rate of 6% for the US state of MI only.
VM will either apply the tax to all products or none of them.
If I create a second rate of 0 for all other states as well, then it really gets confused and may show the tax bot then not apply it to the correct state.

Price display:
price shows as:
Price:
Sales price: $29.95

There is no way to get it to show as:
Price: $29.95

Maybe you're right. maybe I don't know how to use it. But how am I supposed to learn with NO docs and NO help for the forum? Read other posts here. I am not the only one with these issues and not the only one who is frustrated with the lack of ANY response from the VM team.

Merry

Quote from: daviator on March 28, 2012, 16:14:33 PM

Price display:
price shows as:
Price:
Sales price: $29.95

There is no way to get it to show as:
Price: $29.95

Daviator,

It is not difficult to get rid of the labels. I just tested it and it is easy to make it go away.

To get rid of the "Sales Price" label, go into your Admin and click CONFIGURATION - Configuration - click the PRICING Tab and in the section "Show Following Prices" find the items for Sales Price and UN-CHECK the boxes in the SHOW LABEL Column.

Merry

Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/

daviator

Merry,
It's not the labels themselves, it's the fact that you can't configure VM2 to show the price next to the label of Price: without a hack to the PHP. You know, like most other e-commerce sites display it.