News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Live update not supported.

Started by nickson, May 23, 2013, 20:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickson

Hello all, i have an installation with joomal 2.5.11 and vm 2.20b so all latest versions.
All was working well up untill today or maybe yesterday.

Today when I logged in backend I noticed an error icon on the update section in virtuemart side bar.
When I click on it it tells me luve update is not supported on my server. Strange since it was working fine up untill now.

I have asked my hosting provider and they told me nothing changed the last few weeks.
The message also says to check if cURL is enabled, well it is.

This isnt all that big of a deal but I would realy like to fix this. Anyone know what to do or what could possibly be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Tentaurus

...same issue with my site!

cURL / URL fopen is enabled

jjk

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

nickson

Thanks for the reply. Ive tried to use the refresh update information but that didnt change a thing. As far as I can see the akee a moderator asked the topic starter to do so after akeeba did some changes.

I also got another reply from my host. They have tried to contact virtuemart.net from their server. At least the update link given in the error message (http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_ars&view=update&format=ini&id=1
)

It tries to connect the adress  2607:1b00:10:a::5. Trough ipv6

Though it seems there is no server active on that adress.

They told me to contact virtuemart and ask if the Ipv6 adress was ok and if the firewall was configuered the right way.

reinhold

I had the same problem. Apparently, virtuemart.net has an AAAA entry in the nameserver (giving the IPv6 address), but the server doesn't seem to be set up properly for IPv6.
To make it work, I had to switch my server to prefer IPv4 over IPv6 (i.e. use IPv6 only if a domain has no IPv4 entry) for all outgoing requests, then the live update was available again. But of course, the server will not gradually switch to IPv6 as more and more IPv6 sites become available.
To prefer IPv4 over IPv6, simply modify /etc/gai.conf as described e.g. at http://karim.cytrontech.com/2011/12/08/prefer-ipv4-over-ipv6/

Milbo is aware of this problem (I told him in the developer chat), so hopefully he's able to figure out a proper solution with the hosting provider of virtuemart.net.

MarioP

Hello,
Did anybody encounter (today or yesterday maybe) this message in Virtuemart BE :"Live Update not supported"??
I have two web sites in different servers and there's the same problem....
VM 2.0.24
Joomla! 2.5.14

Stonedfury

Quote from: MarioP on October 29, 2013, 21:05:16 PM
Hello,
Did anybody encounter (today or yesterday maybe) this message in Virtuemart BE :"Live Update not supported"??
I have two web sites in different servers and there's the same problem....
VM 2.0.24
Joomla! 2.5.14
Yup just today. I figure it's a VM issue as I have called my host, checked the vps firewall and all the other stuff I could think of. :(
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

AH

Same here.  But I prefer to check the changes before I update manually.
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

jenkinhill

Looks like the update server is not available. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

capewellmj

I had the same problem. If you refresh the "Refresh update information" button it comes back again now.