News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

add to cart - nothing in cart

Started by rossmac, March 21, 2012, 07:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossmac

Hi there,

This is my first time setting up a VM site. Everything has been going swimmingly, Joomla installed fine, VM also, and i've even managed to set up my one product. But when I go to "Add to Cart" I am taken to the Cart page as expected, but nothing is listed as being in my cart. Just the postage charge. No matter what quantity I add to cart, nothing appears in the cart. Is there a setting or configuration that I am missing? I'm not any good with php code or anything complex, so if i's something to do with that I'll need some guidance.

Thanks!
Ross

jenkinhill

Did you originally install the sample data with VirtueMart and test it with that?

Nobody can see your issue if you do not post a url to the live site.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rossmac

Sorry about that, here is the link to the online store...

http://mandalaplants.com.au/index.php?Itemid=470

Try adding an item to the cart and see if it then does or does not add it to the cart page. That plus the template that has been chosen is suddenly missing...

The sample data is there still, just not active. I will play around with it also and see if any of them work.

Thanks,
Ross

John2400

Could you make the template for the whole shop the same and see if that is OK first.
Use the default template not the 'rokatdesign' one
If it works Ok there then you know it is a templet issue.
This message appears when I add a product to the cart.

The choosen template couldnt found on the filesystem: MandalaPlants

rossmac

Ok, I've set both the "default template for your Shop" and "Category Template" as 'use joomla default'. Same issue with the cart is happening. Nothing appearing in it.

I played around with the menu item setting that links to the VM front page and somehow this has fixed the 'chosen template couldn't be found' issue.

Being completely new to this, the way I have set the template up was just to drop the required VM code into the 'main' div of my joomla template so everything that appears in this main div is just the standard VM layout that comes with it. Not sure how this could be affecting things?

So basically everything now looks fine visually, but nothing is in the cart still. Could it be a problem with how the products/cart are set up?

Regards,
Ross

rossmac

Just to add to this- I've now published a couple of the sample data products and the same issue is happening- they are not actually being added to the cart. Makes it seem like I have a problem with my cart somewhere?

Regards,
Ross

John2400

Ross ,

Ok you said you have played with the template -? I see you have no mini cart or that option does not appear anymore -
* Just wondering what VM version you are using because there have been issues with 2.0.3 versions in the shopping cart .
* I have found this too- and I was waiting for an update to VM to see if some of these were fixed - in "d" version I had similar issues that I can see you have
except the mini cart was showing the correct pricing.

* "G' version is out now - I'm going to install it to see if it fixed my shopping cart - try it and let me know ?

rossmac

I'm guessing that the 'mini-cart' can be dropped in with a piece of code into the template?

The version I am using is actually 2.0.2 stable. Would you recommend I upgrade to the G version of 2.0.3?

Ross

John2400

Yes the site looks as though you have deleted some
code or hidden the mini cart -

* Two options -  back up your site first - the reinstall 2.0.2 over the top again and see if the mini cart appears?
* your site too is missing the www. in front of the site , not really a major issue but I have noticed on some sites that some links don't work. ( this might be in goomla config or virtuemart config) settings - in the administration - not in the actual file.
* When you reinstall - You should see a few options in Modules turn on again -
* test your site again and see why you are missing the mini cart and the options that come with it. "continue shopping " is also an issue.

* If this does not work - you need to then upgrade - there are some other issues with some upgrades so not every thing is perfect there yet. ( try a few earlier versions first)

Then change the template - just to see if it us throwing out the module settings -