News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM2 Additional Modules - where to find?

Started by alexius, March 18, 2012, 17:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexius

Hi
I am a first time VM user - downloaded and installed VM 2.02
But after the download I do not seem to have any of the modules Featured Products, Latest Products, Random Products etc. I have no Modules at all
Where can I find these  - I have been Googling but do not seem to be able to find a download anywhere.
Also when setting up the configuration
Configuration - Templates -
Even though I enter the details to show products on the home page (I click Show Featured) - this does not seem to happen - I assume this may have something to do with not having the right modules (?)

webzight

May the Cloud be with you :)

alexius

I managed to find VM 1.1.9 modules - will they work ok with Joomla 2.5 and VM 2?

jenkinhill

No, you must use VM2 modules. eg the modules installed by the AIO component. These are:

mod_virtuemart_cart
mod_virtuemart_category
mod_virtuemart_currencies
mod_virtuemart_manufacturer
mod_virtuemart_product
mod_virtuemart_search

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alexius

Thanks Kelvin
But then how do I get the random products, featured products etc if I do not have a module for these?
Regards
Lex

jenkinhill

mod_virtuemart_products is multi configuarble. Look in its parameters. You can also clone the module if you want featured and best selling, for example.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alexius

Thanks - got it to work....
I have just reinstalled aio and I found the modules and it seems to work - except when I publish the "cart" I get the following error

Warning: require_once(/home/www/buywon.co.za/j25/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/../components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart_parser.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/buywon.co.za/j25/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/mod_virtuemart_cart.php on line 22

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/www/buywon.co.za/j25/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/../components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart_parser.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/www/buywon.co.za/j25/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/mod_virtuemart_cart.php on line 22

cbabino

Hello

I upgrade my VM2 to 2.0.26d
I have Joomla 2.5.17

I installed aio and I can see all modul folders but when I go to module manager I can not find those modules just the virtuemart cart module.

Can somebody help me to access all modules?