News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Error installing on script.virtuemart.php

Started by axsoft, March 15, 2012, 17:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axsoft

Hi! I have an error while installing any version (2.0.0 / 2.0.2),
this is the error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /member/MYDOMAIN/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/install/script.virtuemart.php on line 36

I have tryed on more domain, the same error with another line is in the  ext_io.

Have you any solution please?

Thank You

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

axsoft

PHP Version 5.3.10
Joomla 1.5.25

jenkinhill

Something strange happening. Note you are the only person to report seeing this. There is no text string in that part of script.virtuemart.php

Code should be like this

public function loadVm() {
// $this->path = JInstaller::getInstance()->getPath('extension_administrator');

if(empty($this->path)){
$this->path = JPATH_VM_ADMINISTRATOR;
}
require_once($this->path.DS.'helpers'.DS.'config.php');
JTable::addIncludePath($this->path.DS.'tables');
JModel::addIncludePath($this->path.DS.'models');

}

Some file corruption somewhere of I wonder if there is a bug in PHP 5.3.10  (I use 5.3.8)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

axsoft

In fact I read it, I downloaded the package again both 2.0.0 and 2.0.2 and I get the same error on 2 different domains!
Somebody else has?
I checked the php version of the other domain. is: PHP 4.4.9

Is there a minimum requirement for installing it?

I want to clarify that a third domain, the 2.0 version of virtuemart I work almost seamlessly.

jenkinhill

Minimum PHP version is 5.2.4 - preferable 5.3+ 

PHP4.4.9 is way too old and can give the T-STRING error.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

axsoft

nothing, on the server with php 5.3 any solution .. see if someone can use this version of php <5.3>and has no problems? thanks