News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"Shipment for Virtual Products" - problems to get plugin working

Started by freeme, March 13, 2012, 14:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeme

J2.5.2
VM 2.0.2

Hi,
I have bought the plugin "Shipment for Virtual Products" in order to sell a PDF-document via PayPal. The problem is that there is no download link sent to the customer after purchase. Even not after I manually "confirmed" the order in the backend.

What I have done so far - without using the PayPal plugin. I only want to get running the virtual download first, before I add Paypal-functionality:

1) Installed the plugin according to the manual on "http://virtuemart.cloudaccess.net/images/stories/virtuemart/product/plgvm_st42_download_manual.pdf"
2) Also set up a folder "VM" in the root of my site. Within the directory, I created the folder "invoices":
3) Then created the path /homepages/11/a12345678/htdocs/mysitefoldername/VM/ in "Shop/Templates/Path for Sale"
3) Uploaded the PDF-file, which I want to sell, in "Shop/Media Files/New".

The file exists in the folder (prooved with Filezilla), but I am recognizing this problem:

/homepages/11/a12345678/htdocs/mysitefoldername/VM//homepages/11/a12345678/htdocs/mysitefoldername/VM/ :: Unwriteable
--> by adding the full path, then the server is considering it twice obviously?

4) Test order is done, confirmation mail is sent to me and to the test-customer
5) After changing the status from PENDING to CONFIRMED, an invoice is created and sent out the customer. Fine.

--> here the next problem - there is no download link included for the PDF? The customer is not getting the file.

What the heck can the problem be???
Thx

freeme

I think the problem is solved - the main problem of not showing the download link in the eMail and in the shop, after the purchase was confirmed, is obviously caused by a 3rd party VM-theme.

Thanks Milbo for your great & extensive help - otherwise I would still be clueless :)