News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

blank page after clicking final checkout button

Started by cocobolo, March 08, 2012, 20:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobolo

Hello,
I am a newbie to Joomla & Virtuemart but I think I am almost finished with my site and thought everything was going great.
However, there is a BIG problem :

I am using Joomla 1.7 + Virtuemart 2.0.2

I can place items in my shopping cart. I can fill in all the customer details.
When I click on the final confirmation button, I immediately get a blank page.
The url of this blank page is "http://www.mywebsite.nl/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&task=confirm&Itemid=468"
I then turned PHP errors to "maximum" and after that, the page is not blank anymore: I get the following errors

Warning: Missing argument 5 for vmPSPlugin::processConfirmedOrderPaymentResponse(), called in /home/websites/wh3968/www. my site .nl/plugins/vmpayment/standard/standard.php on line 148 and defined in /home/websites/wh3968/www. my site .nl/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmpsplugin.php on line 947 Warning: require_once(/home/websites/wh3968/www. my site .nl/libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/websites/wh3968/www. my site .nl/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/invoice.php on line 191 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/websites/wh3968/www. my site .nl/libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/websites/wh3968/www. my site .nl/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/invoice.php on line 191

I don't have the tcpdf folder and/or the tcpdf.php.
Is this the problem? How can I get those things? Am I missing a plugin/module?

Any help is VERY appreciated : I am building this website for a girlfriend and I really wanted to finish this weekend.

I can supply the url for the website if neccesary.

EDIT : doon't know if it is important, but I installed both 2.0.2 VM + 2.0.2. VM-AIO files. But when installing the VM-AIO zipfile, it always ends with a sort of 'logout'  (no error) : I get the administrator login-screen . When I return to the AIO, it displays that I am using the most recent version.

many thanks,
regards
Marco

Milbo

Please use the table updater provided with the AIO, but we work also on a similar problem.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

cocobolo

Ah, thanks for the quick reply. I shall look into the "table updater" for the AIO (don't know what you mean but I can probably find it somewhere :-))

And please let me know if you have a solution/workaround :-)) ! If anyone else has a good advise, please lmk too!

Many thanks.

alatak

Hi,

It looks like the AIO has not been installed correctly.
Please try to install it again without Joomla debug, or Vm debug.
You probably run out of memory due to a lot of messages displayed.

cocobolo

Thanks Alatak,

- I dont' have any debug messages turned on.
- Today I used FTP to transfer files from the AIO 2.0.2. zipfile manually : I noticed there were some folders missing originally, so that's why I did this manually.
- I then used the tools in Virtuemart  and clicked the button "install or update tables if necessary".

No succes, still get the error about the "...mywebsite /libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory"
So, I checked that aio-zipfile again. The tcpdf folder is in it. I used FTP to manually move it (and everything in the folder) to the "...mywebsite /libraries/tcpdf/" folder.

Now I don't have a blank page anymore ! :-)

However, I have a new error

"Can't process workflow, contact the shopowner. Status is " (no status displayed...).
Let's see if I can find anything about this new problem...

alatak

Hi,

If you do it manually, then you have
1)  move the content of the folder "admin/librairies" in Joomla folder "librairies"
that will solve this problem:
QuoteNo succes, still get the error about the "...mywebsite /libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory"

2) move the content of the folder "admin/plugins" to "plugins" Joomla folder
it should solve this
Quote"Can't process workflow, contact the shopowner. Status is " (no status displayed...).

cocobolo

That solved it! Many thanks !  :)
You should be a HERO member :-)))
I still have some issues to work on, but most is cosmetical.

saraheagle

Hello, I have the same problem -
Quote"Can't process workflow, contact the shopowner. Status is " (no status displayed...).

but I'm not sure from your help which folders I should be moving the contents to/from  :-\

I don't have a folder admin/plugins but I do have \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\plugins\ is this the one I should be moving from?
It contains files like vmcalculationplugin.php, vmcouponplugin.php etc.

I moved all of these files into /plugins, but it still didn't work, Do I need to put them into one of the other vm folders, like vmcalculation or vmcustom?

Thanks

DiveO2

Could someone with the knowledge just explain what contents of exactly which folders have got to be moved, and where to please?

I've got joomla 2.5.2 and vm2.2 (all up to date as of today (2/Apr/2012)

Thank you
(Joomla! 2.5.4, VM 2.0.7c, PHP 5.3.10)   Do try and be clear & concise in your answers to fellow forum members, it will save confusion and frustration with the original poster (and future visitors) in re-asking the question again and again...

Edvinas

Hello people, I have the exact same problem after a checkout, I want to ask you, do I have to uninstall everything? If yes, will may products I added will remain after I reinstall it? Thank you for your time.

jenkinhill

A blank page issue was solved simply by updating the PHP version. If using anything less than PHP5.3 then you may have blank page and other problems.

Edvinas, a new install using Joomla's installer just relaces VM files and updates the database if necessary. It does not remove products, images etc.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Edvinas

Thank you for your reply, though I have discovered that I'm currently using PHP 5.3.8 and this problem still appears. Could there be any other reasons of this happening?

Edvinas

brco

I had too problems with error message "Can't process workflow, contact the shopowner. Status is " (no status displayed...)." after I reinstall virtuemart AIO and updated tables through this component and than everything working well.

dontflinch

I've had blank page upon final checkout click twice now in vm2 and both times it had to do with tcpdf.

I have not made the update to 2.0.8 yet.  I am currently on 2.0.7g.

There was a big move from fpdf in earlier joomla/virtuemart.  there were always problems with alphas.  Your logo should be only jpg or when the invoice goes to render a png or gif will break it.

In fact, imo dev team ought to make that a check upon logo upload, jpg only.  I don't know if svg would work.

so now joomla has dropped support for pdf as part of core altogether and virtuemart starting using tcpdf and it's still having bugs I think as it gets worked in.  it also will not render a png or gif and can break the checkout dead in its tracks.

always check your server error logs if you can, they are usually very helpful in figuring out where the problem lies.