News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipping & Payment method are not displayed on frontend

Started by erper, February 29, 2012, 10:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erper

Hi,
VM 2.0.2 + aio 2.0.2

I have defined two shipping rates and two payment methods (COD, PO) but during the order checkout there is only a message on the screen (Please select shipping method) but any from defined methods (rates) is not displayed.
What may be the reason of that ?

erper

alatak

Hi

Did you check that they are published?
By default the payment methods are saved unpublished.

erper

Hi,
Yes - both shipping and payment methods defined are published.
erper

exschnecki123

Jeff

Me Too. Joomla 1.5.26 latest svn. Payment option shows, shipping is NOT.
Jeff MacDougall

hkyklai

I have similar problem, and find that :
- the shopper group set in the payment / shipping (eg. in the tab of "Payment method information") need to match with that of the shopper (eg. in the tab of "Additional information" for the selected shopper);
- the Terms of Service (in the tab of "Additional Information" of the selected shopper) need to be clicked;
Then, in most time (it seems not totally solved it) the payment / shipping methods are list.
Hope it help.

erper

Hi,
I've tried this but with no any positive results. So, in my existing shop I've still use stable version of VM 1.1.9.

erper

archos

Hello,

I've got the same problem on VM2.02 anf J2.54
I create a new payment method and as soon as I select the country the new payment method is no more visible on the front end.
What are the rules with the country on the payment method.
Should the country match another parameter linked to a specific country.
If I let the country field empty then it's ok.

jenkinhill

If you select some country under "Countries" on the payment method configuration then the payment method will only be available to shoppers who enter that same country in their billing address. If you leave it blank (ie dont touch it, leave it as "Select some options") then the payment method is available to all countries
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

palpal

archos

Thanks jenkinhill,

This make sense, but you can select the payment method before you enter the billing address.
When you show the cart, you see immediately that you have to choose a payment method but to enter the billing address you have to open a new window...
Maybe this option should be disabled until you enter the info needed to do the right choice ?
I have another question, is it possible to assign a payment method by default ? I mean even before the customer is entering any information.

Thanks for your help

jenkinhill

Quote from: archos on April 05, 2012, 12:02:49 PM
is it possible to assign a payment method by default ? I mean even before the customer is entering any information.

If you have just one payment method then selecting "Enable Automatic Selected Payment?"  in Configuration/Checkout then that method will be pre-selected.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

archos

Thanks I just find it,

QuoteIf you have just one payment method then selecting "Enable Automatic Selected Payment?"

I have more than one but I would like to have one per default and let the custumer choose another one if he wants
I feel one of the method will be used by 90% so I would like to set it as default.

PS : A small doc about the basic settings would be really welcome.

I'm agree to translate it in French if somebody is doing one.

jenkinhill

Thanks to a volunteer donating  many, many hours of time a manual is on the way - see first parts on http://oscmanuals.com/virtuemart-fdm-26.html

One of our French developers has a VM2 book at the publishers right now.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

alatak

Hi,

QuoteI'm agree to translate it in French if somebody is doing one.
Yes i am the one writing the book in french. And you are still welcome to translate Kerry's Watson manual.
http://oscmanuals.com/virtuemart-fdm-26.html

Contact me if you want to do it :)