News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Sort by Featured product - Not working

Started by meet_rayhan, February 29, 2012, 08:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meet_rayhan

Hi,

I can able to search through most options that I need like product SKU, price etc but sort by featured product is not working. Any suggestion/clue for what is missing and where?

Thanks,
Rayhan

meet_rayhan

Can any one please update me the view/code file where I can go and look into this issue? Does search by featured product work for others?

Thanks,
Rayhan

achilleas

I'll second that! Order by Featured is not working. Returning an empty page!

John2400

hI meet_rayhan/achilleas,

The featured option is a special option, where normally every product automatically has a name , creation date, sku etc

Not every product has a featured product - section. Just remember you have to make the product and then in the product section you have to place that product "On featured"
and you have to then have a featured section turned on in configuration>>templates.

Have a play around whith these options first an then try sorting by featured.  In a small shop Featured 'sort " might not be necessary .

achilleas

is there a way to show the featured products ontop of the product listing?

Studio 42

Hi,
We filter the featured product, but perhaps it's better to simply ordering it before.

John2400

Quote from: Electrocity on April 10, 2012, 12:19:49 PM
Hi,
We filter the featured product, but perhaps it's better to simply ordering it before.

Hi Electrocity,
I think the featured product needs a static and dynamic setting - if you have 5 featured products then setting an order is OK.
If you have 50 featured products they then need the current dynamic rotation of products - Really I think this will end up being a plugin by design.
A module for the footer section or header - I have used an extension in joomla to show set products -?? - they were not featrured but you could just pick the images you wanted

Studio 42

I have many idea and suggest to improve VM2 , but the basic to finish is the paiement and shipment methods.
We have adding templating for the plugins(not implemented in many plugins yet) and want find a way to improve more the customfields in next steps.

John2400

Hi achilleas ,

There is  a way of showing the featured products first

Just try this and play with a few options.
Configuration>> templates>> Virtuemart homepage settings>>set default products and show featured
* just make sure that categories is in a side module other wise you will not find some products>

Electocity- thanks for the feedback - yes I'd love to ahve the template for attributes - the old box around the outside of variants was always a good look I thought .
Even just that simple one - the rest - imagination -

achilleas

john thanks for your reply. But I'm talking about the category listing page. Where all products from this category are listed. Is there a way to show featured first? Without the use of a module. Is that a work of a plugin maybe?

John2400

achilleas,
Go to products >>filter in the top tab bar>> filter by category>>number your products in reorder>>save .

It is supposed to put your top items first on the page ? It is not linked directly to featured but you could try this.

achilleas

John, you talking about "manual" sorting of products. I'm talking about an auto-way to display featured things first. Maybe in the category template override. But how?  :o

John2400

A similar post is here discussing the same issue -
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100966.new;topicseen#new

I have purchased this -
http://extensions.virtuemart.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/all-about-products-detail
It fits in a module position - so you needs a template to have a module heading position.
I cannot see the random - option of products but you can sort by featured products - ( email or ask the designer)

* did a site once using the VM 1 horizontal slider - extension here's the site :  never gets used anymore just an example : http://www.atastysurprise.com.au/shop/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=1