Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problem with installing virtuemart 2.0.2

Started by szymonopo, February 27, 2012, 15:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szymonopo

Hello,

I have a problem with installing VM 2.0.2 on Joomla 2.5.1

So, After I install i go on localhost to see the page and i see on the top 2 infos:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\modules\mod_virtuemart_product\mod_virtuemart_product.php on line 37

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\modules\mod_virtuemart_product\mod_virtuemart_product.php on line 37

when im in admin panel and go to components > VM i see on the top dozens+ of same infos with different lines

also in any box i see in components > VM I got the same thing.

How could I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

szymonopo

I'm so "Green" in it. Where can I find php.ini? I tried looking for it in joomla folder and so in VM folder.

szymonopo

I found it i guess.

C:\xampp\php and there was php.ini

I turned Apache off and opened it. I found:
" allow_call_time_pass_reference
;   Default Value: On
;   Development Value: Off
;   Production Value: Off

; display_errors
;   Default Value: off
;   Development Value: On

; display_startup_errors
;   Default Value: Off

; error_reporting
;   Default Value: E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
;   Development Value: E_ALL | E_STRICT
;   Production Value: E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

; html_errors
;   Default Value: On
;   Production value: Off

; log_errors
;   Default Value: Off
;   Production Value: On"

and near display errors I wrote as you see now "off" in default value. but nothing changed.

jenkinhill

There will be more than one php.ini file. Trick is getting the right one! Or turn off error reporting in Joomla config/server panel
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

szymonopo

I did it and it works. thanks a lot. but now, could you help me in one last thing? i saw it multiply times here on forums now, but cant find correct solution to help myself.

the first problem i got (both of the things i will say about are on the main site) is,
"COM_VIRTUEMART_CONF_WARN_NO_CURRENCY_DEFINED
COM_VIRTUEMART_CONF_WARN_NO_CURRENCY_DEFINED"

I disabled all of the currencies, except the one im interested to use (Polish currency) saved everything and.. nothing changed. there's still this info. as I saw im not the one who has a problem with it, but i found nowhere the answer how to fix it.

and the second thing is "Attention no standard shopper group set". Also I have no clue how to fix it. I tried googling, but to be honest, I cannot find anything that could be help and usefull.

Thanks in advance

first problem with currency i fixed "by luck". just fround a place to fill and it worked. so it's only about shopper groups now

Milbo

Read the FAQ, use the search, really very often answered.

Attention no standard shopper group set is strange that you have it actually.

Edit: Whopps, you already "fixed" the first problem (in fact it is just a setting you have to define).

The second problem, hmmm try the tools, it should solve the problem use "Install tables or if necessary update them" more info here http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Tools
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

szymonopo

Thanks a lot Milbo. it worked. the problem with user groups dissapeared after I used "install tables or if necessary update them". once again Thanks a lot.

famosolutions

I'm attempting to do a fresh install of VM 2.0.2 on Joomla 2.5.1

Downloaded and unpacked the zip file - com_virtuemart.2.0.2_extract_first [ I unpacked file ]

From ext manager: uploaded this zip file -  com_virtuemart.2.0.2.zip

Got the following 406 error:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /joomla16/administrator/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What am I doing wrong here? Checked the forum if there wasn't any info about a fresh install
The other file (in the package com_virtuemart.2.0.2_ext_aio) installed OK, but I'm not meant to install that first, right?

Version of Joomla/PHP
Database Version    5.1.56
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.2.17
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.1 Stable [ Ember ] 2-Feb-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable

jenkinhill

Your PHP version is very old. J2.5 and VM2.0.2 really need PHP5.3+

Not seen that error before.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

guimoal

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 28, 2012, 23:23:30 PM
Your PHP version is very old. J2.5 and VM2.0.2 really need PHP5.3+

Not seen that error before.

Hi.
I and another firends have  the same problem.
When i try to install Virtuemart 2.0.2 on Joomla 2.5 appears this message:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /administrator/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

My server configuration is:
Versión de Apache 2.2.21
Versión de MySQL 5.1.61-log
Versión de PHP 5.3.9
Información PHP Click para ver
Versión de Perl 5.8.8

Where is the problem?

jenkinhill

That is not a VirtueMart error, but most likely a server issue related to abnormally extrteme mod security settings. Try to create a .htaccess file (in your Joomla root) containing the directive SecFilterEngine Off

If that does not work you may need to get your host to turn off or reduce the severity of mod sec.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

guimoal

Thanks for your help.

The modification of .htaccess is not possible because a site generate an error.
But i try to insert a php.ini (from another installation of joomla) in joomla root and it runs. I dont know what parameter is the responsable, but if run....

Thanks for all.