Need a new manual for VM 2 - can't figure out how to add customfields

Started by beevo, February 09, 2012, 15:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

Quote from: rustle on February 28, 2012, 22:51:18 PM
Thanks Beevo

after hours of banging my head off a wall,
you saved my life  8)

now what I am looking for is the ability to 2 or more drop down lists like you described above
If anybody knows the answer to this it would be much appreciated

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.0

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

leoeagle

Hi people,

Before everything sorry about my poor english...

I'm trying do use virtuemart and i've problems with the costomfields...

For example, can i create a product with a custonfield "colour" with 5 different colours and make appear  in the frontend a dropbox menu where i simply choose the colour without any mention to the price? For the different colours the price will be the same...

TBoele

Quote from: Milbo on February 29, 2012, 23:43:42 PM
I would do it that way
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98648.0

The stockable custom plugin is afaik not correct working. We are on it.

So will still can't create child products and use this in a stockable custom field ?

I have this now and it shows the dropdown. Only problem is that i have to set the stock level also in the parent product otherwise it will show the Notify button.

PRO

Quote from: leoeagle on March 01, 2012, 04:38:42 AM
Hi people,

Before everything sorry about my poor english...

I'm trying do use virtuemart and i've problems with the costomfields...

For example, can i create a product with a custonfield "colour" with 5 different colours and make appear  in the frontend a dropbox menu where i simply choose the colour without any mention to the price? For the different colours the price will be the same...

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.0

bibi_de_la_yaute

hello all,

first of all, THANKS beevo & banquet !! you helps me a lot ;-)
As i did'nt want to add custom fields one by one all the times for each products, i followed your tuto to create customs fields ( and it works perfect !) and after that i had created a "parent" (no special option or things to fill) in which i putted all my variants as child.
Now when i go to my product i have only to add this parent as much i need (example 4 times for S M L XL .ie) click on "save" before filling values and all my customs fields are in ! now i have only to fill all the values and delete the line of the parent which is no more useful and eventually some variant who might be not necessary anymore...

I know it is not THE solution to have a "all in one variant" but it seems to work at the moment ;-)

Thanks for all !

KatieBurnes

Hi,

forgive me if this is a daft question. I do not seem to have VirtueCart - I have just installed Virtuemart and trying to follow the instructions here for adding a size attribute, but can't even get past first base. Can someone tell me where I find Virtuecart or where I download it?

Kind regards

KatieBurnes

Hi,

I realised you just meant VirtueMart and found the place I needed to be. I have followed your instructions (many thanks for providing them) but I can't get it to work. When i go to the Custom Field tab when creating a new product, and i select the newly created field (size2) I don't get anything listed below it as you do in your example. Its empty, and just below that is a section labelled Plugins that is also empty - should something be there?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

rustle

Is your custom field a "cart attribute"

also your screen shot is pretty pixelated

can you take a better one?

KatieBurnes

Hi rustle,

yes it is set as a cart attribute and I selected Cart Variant as the type - is this correct? Basically in the Product-Custom Field I can see my newly created field, but when I select it nothing happens - I don't get a box or anything to add the attributes (I am assuming I should get something?) and I can't see anywhere to add the attributes.

rustle

If created correctly then the field show up in the 'custom field' drop down menu
if you want multiple of the same field
just keep manually selecting them from the dropdown list

beevo created an excellent post on this here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97794.0

I hope this helps   8)

KatieBurnes

Hi rustle,

I followed those instructions originally, and have just created another one again following them to see if I missed something. I just don't get anything when i select the new field in the dropdown. I dont get anything even for the the sample fields that are installed with the sample data. I have tried re-installing virtuemart and not sure what else to try. Is there some setting somewhere else that needs to be enabled or somthing?

rustle

i have some spare time today

if you pm me admin credentials I will look for you

PRO

Quote from: rustle on February 28, 2012, 22:51:18 PM

now what I am looking for is the ability to 2 or more drop down lists like you described above
If anybody knows the answer to this it would be much appreciated

PDF http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.0

KatieBurnes

Hi rustle,

many thanks for your kind offer, I have asked for permission (but it was refused) to allow you access to the admin (its a school site so has lots of sensitive detail). I tried installing and then setting up on another site and followed the instructions again and still have the same issue. I am wondering if I have not installed something. I noticed I don't have a Product details tab - should that be there? I am using J2.5x very latest, and have installed virtuemart 2.2 and the aio file. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I loved the old version of Virtuemart, it seems harder to work with now (or at least this bit is).