News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Featured Products

Started by lipes, February 01, 2012, 04:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipes

Its possible to add (in any next version) one option in Featured Products like:

Show Quantity Input? (Yes/No)

I want to remove the product input box... but i dont want to remove the code from all website...
Any solution to remove this only in featured products module?
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

PRO

Featured products where? Module? Frontpage?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lipes

Hi. In the Module Backend .. it's possible?

I want to hide the Product Quantity Input Box (in front end)... but the solution could be in the module BackEnd, right?

PRO

prolipes, do you want the add to cart?

lipes

Yes!
If the front page i would love to have only the "add to cart" buttom to the fast buy.. like this link with "shop now"
brandsource.com   or like many others sites do...

I really only want to remove that box of the quantity... it's possible without removing all the code in the products page?

PRO

prolipes, 1 way to do this is to add a css class to the moduleparams, and then do a display:none; with the quantity box.

The only other way would be to copy the module, and rename it, and then remove this

<!-- <label for="quantity<?php echo $product->virtuemart_product_id;?>" class="quantity_box"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_QUANTITY'); ?>: </label> -->
         <span class="quantity-box">
         <input type="text" class="quantity-input" name="quantity[]" value="1" />
         </span>
         <span class="quantity-controls">
         <input type="button" class="quantity-controls quantity-plus" />
         <input type="button" class="quantity-controls quantity-minus" />
         </span>

from helper.php
/modules/mod_virtuemart_product/helper.php

if you do rename the module, you would have to add this code to the add to cart form
<input type="hidden" name="quantity[]" value="1" />

ANOTHER way would be to do a template override, and change the add to cart button to link to the product page (if thats what u want)

lipes

many thanks BanquetTables.pro !
i removed that lines in /modules/mod_virtuemart_product/helper.php
i had opened that file before but i put another words in my CTRL + F search box and didnt find anything :)

now i think that its perfect!
thanks again!

lipes

now i know what do you mean about making a "override"...

i test that transition from /modules/mod_virtuemart_product/helper.php
to templates/mp3/html/mod_virtuemart_product/helper.php

but nothing changes..

if i do that modifications in /modules/mod_virtuemart_product/helper.php works ..

PRO

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on February 01, 2012, 18:18:34 PM

The only other way would be to copy the module, and rename it, and then remove this

^^^

you can only override the view.

YOU can copy the module, and rename it. BUT you have to change a couple of the files.
this module I made here
http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/virtuemart-20-show-product-module

I just used the original product module,. and took out most of the code. BUT I used the files, and structure as a template. And renamed it

buhnad

i followed these steps and now i got only add to cart button but when i click on it this message pops up [Continue Shopping
Please enter a valid quantity for this item.]

buhnad

its solved , i just deleted the .php file and copy it again

PRO

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on February 01, 2012, 18:18:34 PM

if you do rename the module, you would have to add this code to the add to cart form

^^^^^^^^^

srajca

I don't get it. What do I have to do in order to have the add to cart button on frontpage? I have it working on the category view but can't get it to work on the front-end. Can you tell me step by step. Thanks a ton

lipes

Hi. This files was changed with the last VM version now i am in trouble to discover how to remove again the quantity button from the website frontend in the module... and the add to cart popup doesnt work too if i do the same change..

Quote from: PRO on February 01, 2012, 18:18:34 PM
<!-- <label for="quantity<?php echo $product->virtuemart_product_id;?>" class="quantity_box"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_QUANTITY'); ?>: </label> -->
         <span class="quantity-box">
         <input type="text" class="quantity-input" name="quantity[]" value="1" />
         </span>
         <span class="quantity-controls">
         <input type="button" class="quantity-controls quantity-plus" />
         <input type="button" class="quantity-controls quantity-minus" />
         </span>

PRO

The "hidden" will make it add 1