Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

If price is zero = Call for price Issue

Started by darkshine12, January 31, 2012, 11:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkshine12

I have installed Virtuemart  2.0.1b with Joomla Joomla! 1.7.3 Stable

The Problem what i have is the following:

I have some Products which are for free in the base configuration.

But when i go to the Product page, there is no price, just "call for price" and so also no "add to card" button.
It dissapears and also the add to card button comes back when i set a price but thats wrong for me because the product is for free.

So is there any chance that i can display the "0" or Free so that the user can add the product to card?

or is this a bug? pls help

PRO

this feature was added,

what happens when you add a price, and then discount it to 0?

darkshine12

okay this works.. but is there also another way without the discount feature? because there is now the discount label on the product detail page

PRO

you could do a separate product template, and remove the code

darkshine12

Quote from: darkshine12 on January 31, 2012, 12:12:53 PM
okay this works.. but is there also another way without the discount feature? because there is now the discount label on the product detail page

okay there is a problem with this option..

because when the customers chooses some options with the custom fields function, which costs something, the bill is in the cart after that also 0

PRO

so the base price is 0?

and then they add to it?

darkshine12

jeah. for example this product:

Teamspeak server standard with 10 slots == for free
but there are some options:

+20Slots == +2Euro
+40Slots == +4Euro

Total with no choice= 0 Euro
with example 20 Slots = 2 Euro

PRO

do a language override of teh call for price text

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92944.0

Then

productdetails/tmpl/default.php

Change
            if(empty($this->product->prices) and VmConfig::get('callfprice',1)  ){ ?>
<a class="ask-a-question bold" href="<?php echo $url ?>" ><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASKPRICE') ?></a>
<?php }

To
<?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASKPRICE') ?>
<?php }

darkshine12

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on January 31, 2012, 18:20:45 PM
do a language override of teh call for price text

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92944.0

Then

productdetails/tmpl/default.php

Change
<a class="ask-a-question bold" href="<?php echo $url ?>" ><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASKPRICE') ?></a>
<?php }

To
<?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASKPRICE') ?>
<?php }

i have done that but there is now still now add to card button, just the german text of "call for price" ...

PRO

if (!VmConfig::get('use_as_catalog',0) and !empty($this->product->prices) ) { ?>

try removing

and !empty($this->product->prices)

darkshine12

okay this works now, i can add the product to card, but there is one little bug now left,

there is still standing Price: call for price

but i can add it to card .3

jeah .3

PRO

call for price WHERE?

product page? cart?
post links

Milbo

I am not sure, maybe a config setting is already added in 2.0.1c or it will be in 2.0.2 then.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

kona333

The methods above don't solve the issue at all. The final price, including custom fields, gets taken back to whatever the override is.

I can hide the call for pricing, that's easy. Changing the language file doesn't seem necessary if you just hide the entire call for pricing.

But how do I get around the override changing the custom field prices?