News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Display virtuemart latest product module using {loadposition} on home page

Started by notanothernumber, January 25, 2012, 02:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notanothernumber

I'm having a problem with loading the virtuemart latest product module using the {loadposition xx} funtionality on the home page of www.costumeglitz.com.au. Really frying my brain as the space gets set up for the module but for some strange reason it just doesn't get loaded in? If I create a custom html module and use the loadposition for that (in the same area on the homepage) it works fine?? My gut feeling is the home page is not loading in the relevant code for it to run but I'm not 100% sure? Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers
Martin

karuppiah

<?php $menu = &JSite::getMenu();
if ($menu->getActive() == $menu->getDefault()) {
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="right" style="xhtml" />
?>
The name indicates the position of module..
karuppiah

notanothernumber

Thanks for your response but can you explain in more detail. Where would I put this code? Would I still be using the {loadposition} in the article?

karuppiah

karuppiah

notanothernumber

notanothernumber

Thanks karuppiah got this working BUT the latest product module seems to be loading in the oldest products that were entered and not the latest. Have you or anyone else any idea where the setting for this is controlled??

karuppiah

check the options inside the module to display particular category..
karuppiah

notanothernumber

presently set-up like attachment which seems logical to me? I also have a featured products module running on the same page but can't be conflicting as when i turn off the same products stay in the latest products module (www.costume glitz.com.au)

[attachment cleanup by admin]