News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Problems with Virtuemart 2.0 on Joomla 1.7

Started by daviz87, January 20, 2012, 11:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daviz87

Hello, I'm having problems with virtuemart 1.7.3 on Joomla 2.0 installed. The first concerns the link that allows you to go to virtuemart from the control panel ... though the installation was successful, and does not create a link to open virtuemart I am forced to go there manually by: administrator / index.php? option = com_virtuemart.
Other minor problems are:

I can not find the function that allows you to disable inventory control (because it's a service, so there is no quantity), but I could overcome this by placing a grossly high amount, but still you would see the status of availability that does not really should be)

I can not find the function that allows you to disable the process of purchasing the expedition, because being a service I would like to skip the step of the expedition, with previous versions you could do.

Do you have these problems with virtuemart or think they are connected to the installation is not correct?

Thank you
David

jenkinhill

You do have a bad installation if there is no component link in the Joomla BE. I'm not sure how this would impact on fuure updates etc, but an updated release is being prepared by one of the developers ready for internal testing. Maybe better to wait for that to reinstall - you can do this over the top of the current installation.

There is no switch (yet) for inventory but at least you can remove it from the product view.  If you don't need purchase, do you mean you want to use as a catalogue or like a quote system? A quote system was on the wishlist for VM2 but is not yet included.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

daviz87

thanks for your answer, the services must be purchased on the internet, but for me it is important to eliminate the shipment as the buying process, this can be done?
Otherwise, I can install the 1.9 version on joomla 1.7? Using a special procedure, for all these options were in the old version

Thanks
Davide

jenkinhill

No you cannot install 1.1.9 on J1.7. I suspect the product download plugin, once released, will allow shipping to be skipped at checkout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

daviz87

Unfortunately, my products are not linked to the download, I only delete the shipment. is very strange that these options are not provided for in the new version, version 1.1.9 these options were provided. so I just have to wait for some plugin is released, hopefully soon.

Thank you very much
Davide