News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

PAYPAL INVOICE WITH PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Started by jaybird2024, January 19, 2012, 18:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybird2024

In VM1 we could pass the product descriptions to the paypal invoice.

In VM 2, under description in the paypal invoice/reciept email, it only shows the ORDER NUMBER to the seller.
The invoice ID is shown at the bottom of the paypal invoice anyway so this is redundant, it needs to show the list of products purchased instead.

How to show the purchased product descriptions in the paypal transaction emails?

Anyway to do this in VM 2  ?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jaybird2024

Did a few searches, did not find that one, perhaps because my search was answer based.

Still no answer to the question on that other thread either.

QuoteDeveloper response:
Yes, i am not sending all the item title, but instead the orde number with the order total.

Answer makes no sense.

Anyone with an ANSWER how to include the products in paypal please reply.

John2400

At the moment - I presume that since some posta say that whne a customer picks paypal you do not receive the original invoice from their Shop. Thus you cannot tell what the customer has bought all you get is the paypal invoice number?

* someothers have this issue - for the timebeing until they resolve the paypal shop invoice - I am using the step of ,
* receive the paypal notification,
*open up my shop and going to orders - the last order - remember they might be in reverse order - open the order there and you will see what the customer has ordered - You sould then just send then an email thanking them for their order and letting them know you have it.

* not the best for now-

pixelsparks

Has anyone managed to get Paypal Standard to send the item list / shipping details over to Paypal yet? I understand it is possible with Paypal Express Checkout, however this is a non open source plugin, and it confuses my customers by going to Paypal and then back to the site to pay - like a 5 step process instead of Paypal Standard's 3 steps.

It must be possible, as Paypal Express does it, but I can't see the code in that plugin as it has been encrypted or something. Or perhaps you need to have an API key in order to send that sort of info. However this old plugin: http://www.virtuemart-solutions.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=38&virtuemart_category_id=19&lang=en seems like it would do the trick (but I'm not buying it as it doesn't say anything about virtuemart 2).

All I want is either:

Paypal Standard with Items sent to cart (both for my benefit or my customers confidence that they are ordering the right thing) OR
Paypal Express where I can pay directly at Paypal, not confirm back on my site.

Anyone found a fix for this several year old problem? Please don't tell me to search the forum, as I have honestly been looking for a couple of months and have always hit a brick wall.