News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

USPS v4.2 not showing up

Started by flapjacks, January 15, 2012, 20:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flapjacks

I'll preface by admitting that I am very new to this, but I can't figure out how to get the usps shipping module to show up in checkout.  All of my products have both dimensions and weight, have set a originating zip, have Production.ShippingAPIs.com and /ShippingAPI.dll as shipping server and path.  When I run the checkout in debug mode from what I can tell I am connecting to the USPS server correctly, as I am receiving rates in the XML results:
<Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt;</MailService><Rate>15.25</Rate></Postage>
I have the USPS module as the one module enabled in the shipping module list.  However, the module is not showing up.

Any ideas?

flapjacks

Ok I went through and allowed all domestic shipping options just to test what would happen.  Only USPS library mail shows up as an option.  I guess it's a step forward as the module is now showing up... but any ideas as to why all the other options are not showing?

lowmips

My guess would be the service names have not been updated.   USPS often changes the names.  The module does "name matching" to determine which services to show.  So change the names, break the module.  I've had to update my own module several times because of this issue.

Have you tried the 4.2 support thread?
Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

flapjacks

Yea I think that may be the issue but I'm not sure how to change the names. I noticed that in the XML return, all of the options are returned as such:

<MailService>Media Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt;</MailService>

while the library mail, the only one that shows up, returns as:

<MailService>Library Mail</MailService>

I presume the "&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt;" part of the return XML has something to do with the other options not showing up. 

What's the link to the 4.2 support thread?

flapjacks

ok I read this post : http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79926.0
...but the .php files I downloaded already had that change made to it and it is still not showing up properly