News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Perform a product comparison on items in cart against competitors

Started by adambrown, January 12, 2012, 01:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adambrown

Hi All,

I'm having trouble trying to decide how to offer a product comparison for a client. The client wants to be able to allow a customer to go through the shop/catalog, adding products and quantities to the 'cart'. Then, he wants the customer to be able to perform a comparison on the products. (For context, this is to show the environmental benefits and cost savings using this companies products over another). This would need to have an input for the customer to enter in their kWh price to be used in the calculations.

It would be shown, ideally, in a table view. It would list all the products row by row, and in each column would compare attributes of the products in the cart (power savings, CO2 savings etc) with preset attributes from competitors etc. I would then want it to total the cost savings. It would then want to offer an ability to collect the customers info and forward the entire quote to the company for followup.

In essence I believe I'm talking about using a form, but I want it to pull the details from the products in the cart.

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Kind Regards

Adam