News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

order notification to vendor or storeadmin

Started by timoleon, January 04, 2012, 21:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timoleon

I test to put an order in an on-line store that I am creating and I never get a notification when some one put an order...  the client get the notification but not the administrtator/ventor....  can you help me how to set up this???

thank you
T

jenkinhill

Is this with VM2? Is it on a real server or localhost?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

timoleon

yes this is in  real server and in VM 2 joomla 1,5 last version...  vendor or store-admin does not get any notification if an order is placed  but the customer get the notification...

jenkinhill

I have not tried VM2 of J1.5 as 1.5 only has about 3 months to end of life, so I can only speak for VM2 of J1.7.3. I have no problems with receiving orders.
The order email's "from" address is set to use the $mailfrom stored in Joomla's configuration.php so I wonder if your server is blocking you from receiving mail from that address? Some servers will block mail if the from and to addresses are the same.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

timoleon

Thank you very much Kelvyn, I will try it with joomla 1.7.3, I think is not the server as in the same server I have other virtuemart 1X with joomla 1.7.3 and it works fine... also when I make an order as a customer I recieve a notification e-mail even it is the same mail as addministrator's