News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

I'm almost at the point of quitting, Please someone help.

Started by teamAOi, January 03, 2012, 05:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamAOi

I've been looking for a Virtuemart plugin so that I can put a virtuemart on Facebook. I have yet to come up with anything. What I am trying to replicate is what EcWid does which is shown in this screen shot of my test facebook page :

Is there anyway to do that in virtuemart? Like I love Virtuemart but I just want it link up to facebook.

Any help / clearing up would be great.

Thank you in advance

Rix.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

MobiVM

Native mobile Apps for VirtueMart! Visit http://www.ivmstore.com

teamAOi

I've already looked at that bad boy :( it doesn't add a actual product page to FB it only does like boxes comments and logging in with FB account. Would I be able to use http://demo.virtuemarttemplates.net/excite/

as a template and like create a new page that has the Ecwid code? like that FB product page and check out is extremely important to me :(

(sorry for being a pain)

Thank You For All The Help!
-Rix.

teamAOi

Well I came up with a solution, Im just going to stick to Ecwid on facebook, and VM2 on my 1.5 Site, and then install the Excite template.

Thank you for your help :)

ltikonoff

Hello.

I'm trying to get my website to accept credit card payments. I have Virtue Mart and through Joomla! I do accept Paypal there and that works fine. I now have a merchant account through my bank to accept credit cards straight up but have absolutely no clue how to make this work on my website. They won't help and I have no one that knows what I'm talking about! Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Linda

PolishedGeek

Hi, Linda -

Ask your merchant account provider what payment gateways they support. An example is Authorize.net, but there are many, many others. Once you know what's compatible, you can then look for a VirtueMart payment plugin that supports that gateway. The plugin documentation should guide you through all of the necessary setup.

Two things to consider -

1) You *must* be PCI compliant when you are accepting credit card information on your website. This does not mean just SSL. There is a whole bunch of requirements and standards that you are required to follow to retain your merchant account in good standing with Visa, MasterCard, etc. You can learn more here: https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/smb/ .  My advice is to get the assistance of an experienced ecommerce technical consultant who can help guide you through the process.  Doing this wrong - or failing to do it entirely - can be a very costly mistake. Nowadays, with hacking reports being in the news every day, you cannot afford to take chances with your sensitive data (or your customer's credit card information).

2) You might want to check out PayPal PRO. It can help you get up and running faster. Basically PayPal acts as your payment gateway, handling the authorization and routing process between your website, the card holders's bank, and your bank.  The fees are a little high but it can take a lot of stress out of getting going with credit cards.

Hope this helps!  :)
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

ivus

@ltikonoff,

You really shouldn't hijack other peoples topics. If you need help, perhaps post in the appropriate board.

@teamAOi,

What you're trying to achieve requires some hardcore programming skills?

From what I can see from the second screen shot, there is a menu item on the left called...PRODUCTS. I can only speculate that they have a FaceBook App installed on their profile.

To build a FaceBook Canvas App, you'll need to register as a FaceBook Developer and read through their API documents.

I hope that helps.