VM2.0.0 - Where is the links for user's profile management and order management?

Started by koumei, December 28, 2011, 03:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koumei

Hi,

Is there anyone know where I can find the links for user's profile management and order management? Thanks.
(Hope it is the right place to post this message)

Regards

koumei

Find it myself :)

The link is /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user

Thanks. Hope can help others .

WDCT

You can just also create a menu item to virtuemart account maintenance

Bruce Morgan

Once again I am shocked at the number of useful if not downright necessary items that have been left out of VM or at least impossible to find.  Right now it appears that you have a separate module for login that is not configurable.  A separate module must be created to create a link to show the shopping cart and now a third module must be created to create a link to account maintenance?  Crazy, especially since the old version had all three rolled into one.  Can someone put together an integrated module where poetential buyers can go to register or log in, be able to update their information once logged in and also have an option to show a link to the shopping cart?

Bruce

Milbo

??? ?? ?

I am sorry, I have absolutly no clue what you are talking about. There exist no seperate virtuemart login. There is only the normal joomla login need. Only when you enter the orders, cart or user view, then you see a login, the form is done by us, the technic is again joomla.

You can access the cart, the orders, the user accountmaintance, the user registration, the vendor view, manufacturer view and so on ALL by the normal joomla method. Example: http://virtuemart.cloudaccess.net/
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Bruce Morgan

Sorry if I am not clear.  Using a single registration and/or login module for both Joomla and VM is great.  However, if you use the log-in module as it is supplied "out of the box" it is not really ready to use for a VM shop IMO.  Here are the problems as I see it.

1.  You can use the module to either register as a user or login for an existing account.  This part is fine.

2.  Once you are logged in all you see in the module position is you user name and a button that will log you you out and nothing else.  Ist seem to to be missing some options such as are available in VM 1.1.x.  Such as:

a.  When loged in under VM 1.1.x  there is a link in the module that will take you to account maintenance.  If this link is not present in 2.0 how is a user going to update his information?

b.  In VM1.1.1x the is also an option in the  VM login module config to include a mini cart.  That is very useful.  (I also another large show cart icon in the header but I like having it in two places.)

So what I did on my 2.0 test site is publish the logini/register module as provided.  I also created another module where I could insert a link to show the cart.  I guess I could alos have added another link ( or creat another module) to take the user to his account maintenance.  Doing this makes for a very messy lloking site.

What I would like to see is what is available to me in VM1.1.x where i can add the mini cart in ther backend config without tampering with the module code.  It also should include a link to account maintenance by default once logged in.

Does that make it clear?  My concern is that VM 2.0 has taken a lot of configuration ability that used to be available in the admin backend and has place in in folders where you need to be able to code php to make simple confguration and layout changes.  If that is true then it is a huge step backward.

Am I correct about this?

Bruce

John2400

For me I'd like to see the link as Bruce talks about mainly because,

I often create a site for someone else and they "the owner of the shop"  is only interested in adding a product and changing the price.

For us who play a lot - joomla is comfortable to see but they actually only want the shop bit-

* When I showed someone how to get in.  They said no, that looks too  complicated for average Joe , ""just get me to the shop and I'll call you for the tricky bits.""

Its the store owners I'm trying to make it easy for.

So thats why I created the links like Bruce did.

Just an Idea

expresscufflinks

Quote from: Milbo on February 26, 2012, 18:39:47 PM
??? ?? ?

I am sorry, I have absolutly no clue what you are talking about. There exist no seperate virtuemart login. There is only the normal joomla login need. Only when you enter the orders, cart or user view, then you see a login, the form is done by us, the technic is again joomla.

You can access the cart, the orders, the user accountmaintance, the user registration, the vendor view, manufacturer view and so on ALL by the normal joomla method. Example: http://virtuemart.cloudaccess.net/

Yes indeed.. that is assuming the admin and the customer actually receive the email with the order details on it.. but unfortunately their is a bug in the 2.08e that is preventing me or my customers from getting these emails

Any ideas?

Cheers Jason

John2400

Hi expresscufflinks,

I actually saw a post with someone did a hack and go close the login - just to VM. ( my post was from February?) so I can't remembre where I saw this-

also There is an issue with logins - maybe you can follow this post

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103992.new;topicseen#new

They are working on the register, email and login process - post a question here maybe.