News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No shipment method to select

Started by JdKock, December 15, 2011, 07:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JdKock

I am using version 2.0.0_RC3_Pre_M
I had already a shipment method created. But if i go to my cart and i wanna select a shipment method the page is empty. No shipment method to select (in FF and IE the same)
Before this was also with the payment method but that is solved now.

Do i need to create a new shipment method or is this still a bug ?

alatak

Hi,

No you should not need this time to create a new one.
It is a bug then.
I cannot reproduce it, I need more input to understand.
J17, or J15 ?
only one shipment method?
Are you using multilingual?
Do you have conditions restrictions on the shipment?
The page is empty with no message at all?

JdKock

I created only 1 shipment method.
J17
Yes i'm using multilingual, maybe that's the problem ?
No restrictions on the shipment. I only filled in the Netherlands and an amount for the shipment costs.

Now it's working. I was just looking what restrictions i have and i looked at the dropdownlist with twice "VM - Shipper, By weight, ZIP and countries" in it. Is this normal ? I select the second one and saved the shipment method. Now it's shows the shipment method to select.
Very strange.

alatak

Hi

QuoteVM - Shipper, By weight, ZIP and countries
that is the reason. You should remove VM - Shipper from the joomla plugin, and keep the one called vmshipment.

PRO

alatak, the files still say

VM - Shipment, By weight, ZIP and countries

BUT the folder is vmshipper

I think its the language string

alatak

Hi,

Quotealatak, the files still say

VM - Shipment, By weight, ZIP and countries

BUT the folder is vmshipper

I think its the language string
oopss , yes you are rigth.

So the joomla plugin that needs to be removed is the one from vmshipper plugins. The one that must be used is vmshipment.

JdKock

Just updated to RC3 and again problems with the shipment method
I disabled the VM - Shipper plugin and if i go to my shipment method i and select a country and shipment cost i can't save it. No error message but when i open the shipment method there is no country and shipment cost.

I now deleted the VM - Shipper plugin and now i don't see the configuration tab of my shipment method, it's empty. This is even worse than before.  :(

Update : Now it works again, the saving. After i deleted the VM- Shipper plugin i did again a install of RC3.

jeroenla

Same here with 2.0 rc3. Having no such problem on another shop with 1.9.8
I can make shipmentmethods but they won't show up in the cart, just 0 euro's as shipment and nothing to choose from.
Is there a better solution than deleting the plugin and install everyting again?

alatak

Hi,

Delete the plugin, and just install the AIO.
Can you try that?

alatak

alatak

Ok,

in my case it was because the plugin was not removed from the joomla plugin table. If you know how to deleted from the extension table, doit. I am checking the xml file.

jeroenla

That did not work for me. BUT..... :o
I uninstalled all virtuemart things within joomla and deleted everything within the sql database with virtuemart in it (searched)
Then a clean install of the new version not RC 3 but VM2 stable. Now i also have my DUTCH default language
(DUTCH translation seems not quite finished yet but that's someting else)
Now i can make shipmentmethods (and sending methods) and they show up in the cart.
With 2.0 rc3 there was also a aio component showing in the pulldown-component list but that's gone now. Don't know if that's a problem?

I'm so happy now! :D
Thanks for the help so far! :)

NawtyAtNight

I am having the same issue. I created a shipping module through the standard shipping module & on checkout there is no shipping method to select,

Virtuemart Version: 2.0.0 released Dec 19. First time installing it.
Joomla 1.7.3

I also had JS conflicts but that all got resolved once I disabled the JS Query in my template. I believe that is not the issue since I switch templates and I still cannot see any shipping method to select.

You can add my test item to the cart here:
http://www.advertisingmediasolution.com/accu/index.php/online-parts-store/motors/manual-detail

you cannot select any shipping method because there is none to select, i have configured two and published them in virtuemart configuration but still nothing shows up.

T3Kaos

I'm having the same problem. I've VM2.0 installed on J1.7.3 and cannot find any default payment or shipping methods anywhere. What is going on? I mean WTF?