News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Disable Shipping

Started by pang, November 20, 2011, 17:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pang

Hello,
Im using Joomla 1.7 and virtuemart1.9.8.RC2M, Im trying to disable shipping, but can't find the option anywhere, the search function has only come up with a way for VMartv1, is there a way to disable shipping?

alatak

Hi,

We don't have that option yet.
But it is a good idea to add it.
Will be done for the next release.

pang

Great! Hope to se it next release :)

Kangelova

I totally agree on this one. It will be really really useful for many different types of sites. I am currently loking into this as well. I needed to disable the shipping but it is good that you liked the idea.

42Dev

Does this mean that you cannot use VM for digital goods?  Seems a pretty massive oversight for such a mature product. In my case I'm using 2.0.0-RC-2m for Joomla 1.7 and I just want to allow the customer to pay for the product, but I don't need them to be able to download it.  I can't ask them to type in a shipping address which is obviously irrelevant.

Kangelova

Well, I remember it from their previous versions. I haven't used it back then but the download was there. For my service web site i found a use of the 'ship to' form by changing it to a form for additional information with ticked preselected shipping and changed labels. Anyway, the point is we all will be very happy if you disable it.

Ricsta

Quote from: alatak on November 20, 2011, 18:41:18 PM
Hi,

We don't have that option yet.
But it is a good idea to add it.
Will be done for the next release.

Hello,

Has this feature been added to 2.0?

I have searched everywhere and cannot find a way to disable shipping :(

I do not ship products so asking for a shipping address in checkout is not needed.

hca402

Hi
Any updates on this?
Is there a way to disable/hide ship to?

jenkinhill

hca402 you have replied to a very old thread. What is is you actually want to do?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum