News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Hungarian language files for the Virtuemart 2.x

Started by Istvan Holbok, October 30, 2011, 09:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Istvan Holbok

We are pleased to share an installable Hungarian language pack for VirtueMart 2.0.0-RC3_C release. (Developed for Joomla 1.7.x)

The Component Front End and Back End is fully translated.
The All In One Extension package (modules and plugins) are fully translated.

Furter improvements will be available on the SVN repository.
Please use it and report your findings here in the forum. The below described bug (up to 1st of December, 2011) is corrected.

Thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Istvan Holbok
Hungary

manch

Dear István,

I use this file for 1.98M with 1.7 but it has some problems...At the backend the titles are key names like com_virtuemart_product_s and so on (but there are good translated too like beállítások)...Can you help me how can i fix this?

Thanks
Manch

Istvan Holbok

Dear Manch,

Can you send me a screenshot?
I did not catch your problem fully.

Istvan
Istvan Holbok
Hungary

manch

1,The strange that if i just unzip this zip and copy to the site than the backend stays in english but the frontend is in hungarian. ( if i remember correctly how i solve this a half )

2, We installed a coupon plugin to vm2 and also it has the same problem just in english ...so maybe this is a joomla version or vm version conflict?
I tested now on 173 with default hungarian language and with vm198M.

Manch

Istvan Holbok

Hi Manch,

I see.
The uploaded language pack is a Joomla install-able pack.
You can use the Standard Joomla extension manager to install - and it will put all files into their place.

The only reason is - the language file used by you was damaged.

Please try install the language file again.

Istvan
Istvan Holbok
Hungary

magicf

Dear Istvan,

Thanks for the translation. I downloaded the file and I used Joomla standard install process. It said the installation is completed. The default language for Joomla is Hungarian (both front and back-end) but if I open the VM admin interface I still see it in English instead of Hungarian.
The front-end is in Hungarian.
What would be the problem?

Thank you.

Istvan Holbok

Please check, the admin language set for that user who see the English admin interface and please check the global admin language set for the all Joomla site. And please check the cache of the system.

In my test and working sites under Joomla 1.7.3 all languages (both Front and Admin) are Hungarian. It was also tested in Joomla 1.5.23 and should be Hungarian also after installing.

best regards:

Istvan
Istvan Holbok
Hungary

magicf

Thanks for the hints.
The default back-end language for the user is Hungarian in the user profile. The site default language is Hungarian for both front and back-end. I deleted the cache from Joomla. Then I used FTP client to delete the content of the cache and tmp folders of Joomla installation. All text on the back-end are in Hungarian.
I reinstalled the vm2 hun language pack.
The back-end still in English.

This joomla is a fresh installation. I installed it just before I installed VM2.
Joomla itself works fine in Hungarian.

Istvan Holbok

I did a fresh install to check all settings -> system: XAMPP, Windows 7, PHP 5.3 with all necessary access rights:
- Installed a Joomla 1.7.3 (English) system with English sample data
- Installed Virtuemart 2.0 RC2-M latest
Result ===> All (FrontEnd and BackEnd) languages are English in this moment.

- Installed Hungarian language files for the 1.7.3
-> In the  Language Manager set up FE and BE default language to Hungarian and defined a Hungarian content language also.
- Installed Virtuemart HU language pack (downloaded from this post above)

The result is full translation of Virtuemart in Frontend and Backend also.
Here is the screenshot, attached.

I tried on my shared Apache server also - it works without any error.
I cannot reproduce your problem, so it could be something local.

Istvan

Istvan Holbok
Hungary

frankbootmaker

I would confirm, that there is a problem on linux systems.
I have exactly the same symptom. If I copy over the English
language.ini files and do make modifications in that than those
fields.

I suspect a missed or extra character that would cause
the problem with linux, however windows is not affected by it.

I looked in the code for some time but couldn't yet find this bit.

Istvan Holbok

My shared servers are running under Linux CentOs 5.x and C-Panel, with right utilization and access rights.
There are not any problems with Virtuemart or other Joomla extensions language files.

So, it perhaps is not a Linux problem, is a local settings problem for that Linux distribution.

It would be useful to find differences between working system and system giving problems mentioned before.

My sites are running on Siteground hostings, 3iX hostings and tarhely.eu hostings without problem.

Regards:
István
Istvan Holbok
Hungary

frankbootmaker

I'm running the site on sles10 sp3, never had any problem earlier with this system either...

frankbootmaker

I found it, there is a code difference between the GB and the HU translations in the 544th row.
I replaced it with the original GB and used the translations of the HU file to replace relevant
spaces. Now the code is applicable well and the lookup won't be stopped.

The line I changed the 544th row to:

COM_VIRTUEMART_CURRENCY_DISPLAY_EXPL="A pozitív vagy negatív forma számára használja a következőt <ul><li>{sign} matematikai jel, </li><li>{number} érték és</li><li> {symbol} pénznem jele </li></ul>mint helyettesítőt. Minden HTML kód megengedett kivéve a &#124 jel; mely tiltott <br /> Például <pre><code>&quot;{sign} &lt;b&gt;{number}&lt;/b&gt; {symbol}&quot;</code></pre> ilyen árat fog megjeleníteni, mint &quot;+ <b>42,23</b> &#8364;&quot;"

I can confirm that it all works now as expected.

magicf

frankbootmaker:
I applied your changes and it works for me. So the problem is with the language file and not with the server config.
Thank you!

manch

Thanks frankbootmaker for finding the bug! That was the problem...

B.